A Dayne, A Lion, and Second Sons

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"He wishes to slow us."

Lord Dorset says.

"Who wishes to slow us?"

Lady Mormont asks as I look at my officers in confusion. We left camp from the Ruby Ford and now we move North along the southern side of the Trident.

Lord Offa sighs before looking at me.

"Scouts came back this morning with reports that the Black Lion is en route. He wishes conference with you."

"And I assume we wishes my head?"

I ask, already knowing the answer and Lord Dorset shrugs.

"All we know is that he desires conference. I would hope his purpose be to deliver his brother's early surrender."

"Like that would ever happen."

I remark.

"I strongly advise we disregard this word o his approach ready our movement. We must make advantage of their current disarray."

I nod slightly before looking out at Lady Mormont, who remains on the outskirts of this meeting.

"Lady Mormont, your counsel."

She looks to me and then everyone else before shrugging.

"Well, I've never met the man...this Lannister prick. I can't speak to his motivation."

'Great advise everyone.'

I almost want to say but I look out the tent flap, seeing the sun slowly begin sinking.

"I'll be off for tonight. Sleep well."

~~~~~

I open my eyes, seeing I'm somewhere in desert. But more than that in an encampment. Hundreds of men which I've come to recognize as the Unsullied litter the place as they all prepare to sleep.

I make my way around the tents, making it to the ten in the middle.

I step through the ten flaps, seeing Daenerys already waiting for me.

"Hello again, Princess."

"Evelyn, please just call me Dany."

"Mm, but you enjoy it when I annoy you like this."

I grin and Daenerys smiles.

"I needed to talk to you. I'm surprised I was able to fall asleep so quickly in order to speak. I guess today was more tiring than a I thought.

"Why? What happened?"

I ask and she sighs.

"We met a sellsword company. They call themselves the Second Sons."

"Sounds a bit tacky."

"They are."

She remarks as she sits down, and I across from her. She stays quiet for a long moment.