7 | The season's Jewels.

By:

First impression:
I personally like historical fiction. Specifically jn the 1880's to 90's era. So  I can say when I started reading this book, I enjoyed the first chapter.

Pacing:

Not too fast or too slow, perfect if I may say so. 

Plot:

It gave me Little Women type of plot which I think is really nice. I don't come across plots similar as the book that's set in this era. 

I think I got the idea from the blurb and the title, which mentioned debutantes and balls which, I don't know how, but somehow gave me the vibe of Little Women. 

Descriptions:
You're doing very well on this part. Each paragraph or scene has the right amount of descriptions needed to set the scene.

Dialogue:
I do have a few nitpicks on the dialogue but when do I not.

Anyway, there were a few lines that felt fake or unrealistic. I'm aware it' historical fiction but I won't mention if it is accurate in the era it's set cuz I wouldn't know for sure.

I wasn't there lol.

But I would the lines were close enough to how people would imagine how they talked in that era.

A few more polite words could be added too.

Is it compelling?
To someone who is interested in historical fiction. I would say not really

Not to confuse how I praised your book through out the review, I did genuinely love reading it but would I read without the circumstances of me being a reviewer?

Eh, not so much.

The story lacked to give curiosity to the readers and yes, it is hard to do so and it's really a hit or miss, So it's not your fault. Another reader will say otherwise and say it was really attention grabbing start. 

So really whether a book is compelling is completely subjective.

Overall experience as a reader

Despite having to force myself to read the first few chapters, I admit I am curious how the story will progress. I enjoyed the characters' interactions and their dialogues were very fun to say out loud, it felt like something you'd here in a period drama. All in all, this is an amazing book, which could explain the shortness of this review because I really couldn't nitpick anything. 

I hope this review didn't come off as half-hearted or rude and was able to help you in some way. Have a good day/night, farewell!