Chapter 17 - The Sleepover

"You're sure you don't want me to come by?"

"No, I'm good. I'm just gonna eat some soup and get some sleep. My head is killing me." An exhausted tone sighed.

    (Y/N) was on the phone with Blythe in one section of the cell. The workers decided to work on Akai's side of the room while the Keeper and her demons were on the other. They used the divider to make sure the demons didn't bother them while they worked. For their own safety and the demons' of course. As (Y/N) took her desk chair and laid it flat so she can lay down, Blythe called her a few minutes ago to tell her about her recent visit to the nurse earlier.

"She said my migraines are being caused by stress so she gave me some pills and told me to take a day or two off work."

"You were stressed? About what?" (Y/N) slapped away Akai's tail from poking her in the eye.

"A lot of things really. Mainly work. It's like the bosses find joy in dumping tons of work on me and expecting them all due before impossible dates. And then there's I9 and the overall creepiness that comes with being in the same room as it. You'd be stressed too if you had to be the Keeper of it." Blythe vented. Since she has more experience working at Castor Labs, she gets more work than most other Keepers. (Y/N) had to agree with her on I9 too, that thing was a nightmare to look at. She couldn't imagine spending hours a day working with it.

    (Y/N) felt another poke on her head and sat up quickly to glare at Akai who whipped his tail away and smiled. "Stop." She gritted through her teeth.

"Anyways, I'm gonna go and get some rest. These two days off are gonna be amazing." Blythe sounded relieved not to have any work to do for two days. No I9, no paperwork, and no Scientist or higher ups constantly bugging her.

     (Y/N) nodded even though her friend couldn't see her. "Mhm. Get well soon!"

"Thanks. Have fun with your little sleepover." Blythe laughed afterward, making (Y/N) groan. She would rather be in her nice comfy bed than her desk chair in her demons' cell. They ended the call and (Y/N) went to skim through social media. Once again, she felt another poke on her neck. She flinched and was quick enough to grab Akai's tail and yank it towards her, making the demon laugh hysterically.

    She released his tail and watched it float back behind him. She flipped over in the chair to lay on her stomach, glaring at the amused demon. "Am I gonna have to deal with you all night?"

    Akai leaned forward to be eye level with her and smirked. "I'm bored. So entertain me."

    Entertain him how? She was his Keeper, not his buddy. "Entertain yourself. You two are the reason I'm stuck here until the workers get done so I'm gonna try to ignore you until then." With that, she dropped her attention from Akai and focused back on her phone.

    Akai looked towards Ki who was fast asleep in his demon form, curled up in the corner. He went to go bug him since his Keeper wasn't giving him attention but (Y/N) stopped him from doing that too. She noticed how twitchy the dark demon was after the fight and decided to let him have some space to recuperate. "Don't bother Ki. I don't need you two fighting again."

"WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THEN?!"

"Go to sleep." (Y/N) shrugged, liking a photo from an old school friend. Akai snatched the phone from her and inspected it. This small rectangle is keeping her attention? Not any more.

"Akai!" (Y/N) tried grabbing her phone back but the demon moved away. He flipped the device around and sniffed it, trying to figure out what it was. He waved it in her face after he quickly gave up. "What even is this thing?"