Chapter 19 - The Emotions

(Y/N) hasn't seen Blythe in two weeks.

    Since her phone call with her friend two weeks ago, (Y/N) has been told by the nurse that Blythe came down with the flu. She has many of the symptoms, including fatigue, fever, chills, coughing, loss of appetite, etc etc. (Y/N) wanted to visit Blythe and make sure she was alright but the nurse advised her not to unless she wanted to get sick as well.

    It did seem weird for Blythe to get the flu though. She never went out that much and is mostly busy in her room with work. Maybe another worker had it and Blythe was unfortunate enough to catch it too?

    (Y/N) certainly didn't want to get sick but she couldn't help but miss her friend. She's tried calling her too, sometimes Blythe would pick up and say she was feeling better or worse but her phone would mostly go to voicemail. Lately, she hasn't been picking up at all. 'Hopefully, she gets better soon...'

    Besides her ill friend, the two demons have also been acting rather strangely.

    (Y/N) has noticed that they seemed more quieter and distant than usual. Since she had to stay a whole night in the cell, Ki hasn't really talked to her all that much. Akai would still find time to pick on her and scare her but he's been more serious than how he usually is. Whenever she entered the cell each morning, they said their greetings then continued talking out of earshot from her. When they weren't talking about whatever they were talking about, that's when they finally want to acknowledge her and just straight up act out of character. Even though he didn't speak to her much, Ki started getting rather close to her physically. When she did her routine work that involved checking up on them, Ki would hug her from behind and remain like that till she was done or cuddle up with her at her desk in his demon form. He even fell asleep on her one time.

    Akai usually gave (Y/N) heart attacks and flirted with her all to make her uncomfortable for his amusement. But lately, he's been more serious and lost in thought than normal. She's caught him pacing around a couple of times when she wasn't paying attention and it's making her wonder what's been clouding his mind so much. Not to mention the fact that he's been rather cruel to her lately. He hasn't said or done much besides glare at her when she made attempts to talk to him and at one point, straight up telling her to "shut the fuck up" in a low growl.

    It hurt more than she expected it to. Not knowing why he was back to acting this way.

    She was broke from her thoughts when she felt Ki shift in her lap. She looked down at the demon who slept soundly curled up against her with his head lying in her lap. The two were sitting on the floor by her desk, (Y/N) was doing his hair again after it got messy from fighting Akai again. After she finished, he decided to trap her on the floor and use her as a pillow. Now she was on her tablet looking over information for the next experimentation that's coming up next weekend that made her worry even more.

    If only she could get up and stretch her legs. They were close to falling asleep and she didn't want the feeling of pins and needles.

    Gently tapping the demon's shoulder, he didn't seem to stir. She rubbed his arm that was wrapped around her waist but it only caused him to tighten his hold. How did she end up like this?

"Ki." She whispered and rubbed his head gently. The demon leaned into her touch and she could faintly hear his low purring that she's gotten used to hearing. She blushed when he sleepily smiled and his tail started to close in around her.

"You know I love when you do that." He muttered. His voice was as monotone as ever.

'Eh?!' She pulled her hand away but he continued acting like an overly affectionate puppy.