Betrayal

She barely slept that night, plagued with nightmares she had thought she had buried deep in her mind.
So instead of sleeping she started baking at one in the morning, finishing up at two, after setting everything out to cool.
Still restless and anxious she headed down to where Eddie Brock and Venom were being held.
Tapping on a few lights out in the hallway, she walked to the large window outside of Eddies cell.
Eddie was still awake, chatting with Venom.
Marinette tapped on the window lightly, startling them both.
Turning on the speaker she spoke softly, "Hello Monsieur Brock. I-I was hoping we could speak, alone. Without me threatening you this time."
Eddie rolled off of his cot and hesitantly walked to the window as she stood there awkwardly.
"Why?"
She shrugged. "I cant sleep, and I wanted to start over."
He eyed her warily. "This isnt a trick is it?"
A low humorless chuckle was her response as she shook her head sadly. "No Monsieur Brock, no it is not. I just... I cant sleep. Haven't really been able to for a long time. Nightmares plague my mind to much. But... if your up for it, maybe we could just speak about...anything? Nothing? Just strictly buisness maybe? I just need something to drown out he memories."
Eddie sighed but nodded, sliding down the window with his back against it while Marinette did the same, just the sliver to the side.
The two talked about his life in his dimension, about how he lost his job, hus fiance, his house. And how he gained Venom and all the crazy things that came with him. (a/n everything in the movie basically)
Then they spoke about Marinette and Paris, and she told him a lot. She told him about all the worst akumas, the most traumatic, the longest fights.
By the time Phil got to the towers to check on Eddie, he found the two snoring, both leaning up against the window with sweets and pastries all across thier lap, even Eddies somehow.
He just shook his head fondly at her before heading up to the living room.

Marinette woke up shortly afterwards, and stumbled up to the common level, hoping for a late breakfast but Friday informed her she was needed in the meeting room.
Groaning loudly she dragged her feet all the way there, hungry and cranky.
Once she opened the foor she could feel the tense atmosphere and she in turn tensed and stiffly sat in the only free chair beside Wanda at the far end the table. She wouldnt meet her eyes.
Her eyes were drawn to Tony, pacing while rubbing his forehead tiredly, and Coulsen and Fury leaning against the wall behind him.
Almost eveyone was here, minus all the guardians but Mantis, Rocket, and of course Groot. The rest of them had some buisness to take care of, and Carol had another emergency off planet.
"What's... Whats going on guys?" She tried to catch her friends eyes, but they all refused to look at her, anguish etched in their faces.
"We know," Tony snapped suddenly, startling the teen.
She reeled back confused, eyebrows furrowing. "What do you mean?"
Tony jabbed an angry accusational finger at her, hissing out, "We know everything. You were out of it last night thanks to Loki, and you spilled everything. About how you feel about Hawkmoth, we know abou deaths, and we know about the guilt you feel. We know about it all."
She paled as she absorbed all of his words, and instead of addressing the things about her she questioned, "'Because of Loki,' what does that mean?"
Tony's mouth flapped open uselessly for a moment before Sam cut in. "It means he got you drunk."
SCREECH!
Her chair clattered backwards as she stood up, malice clearly shining in her eyes. "What do you mean got me drunk?"
Marc spoke up then, uncharacteristically bold. "We all know know how loose lipped you are when you get exhausted. I'm surprised you didn't spill the beans to me before you did."
She whooped around to where Loki was sitting, hurt radiating from her. "Why would you... Why would you do that to me?" Her voice had gone from furious to barely above a whisper. "I-I thought we were friends."
Loki looked at her pleading for her to understand. "I never meant it like that, all I wanted-"
Marinette lashed our without letting him finish. "Exactly, all you wanted. You disregarded me for your own selfish reasons and wants. God, I thought I could trust you," She sneered out, hurting the god. Thefact She had trusted him... It made himfeel good. Rarely ever had anytime trusted him, and he could tell that he shattered that trust and blew it to the wind with his actions.
"I-I only wanted to help!" He tried to defend himself, but she want having it.
"It doesn't matter Loki! You knew I wouldn't have wanted that so you purposely kept it hidden from me, I can't just forgive that!"
Luka cut in, trying to stop her from saying something she would regret. "Now Melody-"
"No!" She exploded. "I wont have it Luka! He betrayed my trust! Come on guys, pack up, we're leaving!"
"Leaving, to where?"
"Mari please!"
"Doll, please don't!"
"Lady Marinette-"
"Kids wait a goddamn minute! Don't go rushing back into Paris like this, not like this! What you are doing is selfish, what if the fight happens early now? What then? What if one if they gets hurt? It's dangerous Marinette."
She grew deathly still for a moment, hands planted on the table.
She stared at him before nodding as if reaching a silent decision.
"Your right Tony."
He sagged and let out a heavy sigh in relief, breathing out, "Thank God-"
"Which is why I need your miraculous."
Everyone seemed to snap at that as she calmly walked over to the group of holders, her hand extended out.
Kagami was the first to react, clutching her choker. "Redi Rakku, what do you mean?"
Marinettes expression grew cold as she snarled, "Tony is right. This is dangerous. Give me your miraculous now."
"Bug, dont do this!"
"Mari please, please don't!"
"As Guardian of the Miraculous I demand ypu give them to me now! Or you will be considered an enemy of the miraculous!"
Marcs eyes filled with tears at the sight of his cousin so cold and emotionless. Although he has only had Ziggy for a short amount of time, the two had grown quite close.
With shaky hands all the holders rook of thier miraculous and set it in her outstretched hand.
She jerky movements she stuffed it into her purse and went to leave, everyone calling for her, before Tony intercepted her, grabbing her arm to keep her from leaving.
"Uh uh Mari. Give me all of them now, and renounce your role as Guardian now. You are to young and to inexperienced for this."
She squirmed in his grip, trying to get free from him, resulting in his grip getting tighter.
"I cant Tony, you have to understand that!"
"Bullshit," he hissed.
By that point she had started clawing at his arm and everyone was standing up now, yelling at him.
He reached for her earrings before he was stunned enough to stop.
"Tony! Stop, YOUR HURTING ME!" She cried out desperately.
He seemed to snap out of it then, and let her go immediately.
Her right hand went up and covered the top part of her left, cradeling it carefully.
The room had gone silent and still as she gently uncovered her bare arm, and dark purple bruises were already forming, shaping the whole size of his hand. Cresent shaped scratches were oozing blood, and everyone gaped in shock.
Marinettes face twisted up in pain, hurt, and shock. Her eyes slowly lufted to meet Tony's, and it morphed into anger and fury.
Her jaw tightened as she jabbed a finger into his chest, screaming at him. "Do not come to Paris as a hero or civillian! Any of you! Not until Hawkmoth is defeated, and even then you have to inform the heroes of paris! Or-or else I will be required to take drastic measures! You arent welcomed in paris."
Her lips wobbled as she spoke softly.
"Do not touch me or any miraculous again Tony Stark, or there will be serious consequences." She turned to her friends where they stood there shocked.
"Just, please, please dont come back to Paris. Stay in New York or somewhere. Just... dont come back to Paris."
"Wait a minute, are you going back?!" Chloe exclaimed, reaching out for her, but retracted when she flinched.
"Yes, yes I am. Do not follow me, this is for your own good. Goodbye."
She rushed out of the room quickly, to fast for anyone to really react.
Pepper, Rhodey, and Steve all turned to look at him, and Pepper spoke in a low, warning tone, "Tony..."
He shook his head harshly and went to follow her before two hands on his chest held him back.
"No Mr Stark. Do not go after her," Peter commanded in a stern voice. He looked at the others and nodded briskly. "I'll go after her."
He left and followed her, leaving Tony to slump down in a nearby chair in both guilt and shock.