Chapter 16

" Did you like the dinner? " She asked him playing with his fingers as he layed on his back on the mattress and she kept her head on his broad chest. " It was delicious. " He complimented her staring at the sky and she bit her bottom lip.

" Do you love watching stars? " She questioned seeing him watch them so keenly. " Yes I love watching them. See, they are so bright and shiny and they cover the darkness with their own light. "

He spoke. " But I don't like them. " Nandini said making him look at her. " Why? " He asked her tracing his fingers on her cheeks and she shrugged. " I don't know. But I love fireflies. " She giggled making him smile.

" You know, for me you are my shining star. " He mumbled as his eyes drowned in her beauty and she she stared at him intensly. " I love you so much, Nandini. " She breathed sharply as he inched closer to her lips slowly taking her breath away.

" Say it Nandini. I know you also love me. " He requested her when he pecked the corner of her lips and she felt her clench her thighs together as his hands made circles on her stomach. " I..love you. "

Her one statement made him more crazy for her as he joined their lips together cupping her cheeks and she moaned. She tasted like honey and.. oh! Those lips fitted so perfectly against his.

He couldn't just get enough of her. His tounge entered her mouth making her moan louder as she scracthed his neck and they rolled over the mattress crazily. Her small hands tried to push him away as she now lacked breath but he wanted more.

He licked her lips lastly as he parted away from her and layed back breathing heavily. " Tell me when you're ready for that. I will wait. " He said keeping his head on her lap and she smiled as she ran her fingers through his silky hair which she wanted to do from long.

" Good night, Nandini. " He wished as he hugged her stomach and she kissed his forehead. " Good night, Manik. " She replied in her sweet voice as she hummed a song for him until he slept.

---------------

▪ 1 month later ▪

" It's been a month bro. Your mom, I can't even see her state she is so.." He paused as he siped his tea while Manik stared outside the window. " Dad sent you didn't he? " He asked looking back at him and he nodded.

" They have learnt their lesson. Go to them. End this. " He said trying to make him understand but his mind still kept roaming around the past scenes where Nandini was insulted. " I can't see my wife's insult. "

He admited making Cabir smile. " You love her that's why! But trust me this time they have changed. And if you still think that then.. but just go and see. " Manik nodded thinking about it. " And what about that work I gave to Aryan? " He questioned Cabir and he smirked.

" It is complete. She'll never come back in our lives again. " Silence spread over after this until Cabir's phone rang and he left Manik in thoughts.

--------------

Vote and Comment.

Thank you!