Chapter Three: New Chapter

Chapter Three:
New Chapter

As the days went on Angela and Jess didn't leave my side

As the days went on Angela and Jess didn't leave my side. We either ate ice cream watched movies or just cried, but they weren't who I wanted.

Every girl who goes through a breakup wants one person and one person only and that is why I am on a plane to Jacksonville.

"Mom!" I yelled as I walked towards her.
"My baby," she yelled as she wrapped her arms around me. I immediately busted into tears when I was in her arms.

"I know baby. Come let's get home. Phil made your favorite lasagna," mom told me and I nodded walking with her.

Getting home I went to my old room and changed into my pj's. Walking downstairs I saw Phil and Mom. Phil hugged as mom fixed my plate.

"Hey kiddo," Phil told me and I smiled at him hugging him back

"Here sweetie," Mom told me handing my plate to me. I smile at her thanking her before digging into my food.

After I finished eating I sat beside mom on the couch watching The Proposal.
"Sweetie do you want to talk about it?" Mom asked me and I sighed looking over to her.

"Does it ever stop hurting? It feels like a part of me was ripped apart and the second they left they took my heart with them," I told her with tears falling down my eyes.

"Oh sweetie," mom told me pulling me into her arms.
"It will get better sweetie. How about we do some face masks and eat some cupcakes I got from the shop down the street?" Mom asked me and I nodded at her.

For the rest of the day, I finally laughed for what felt like forever. I didn't realize how much I missed my mom until I was in her embrace laughing at Kevin Hart with face masks on and eating strawberry cupcakes.

________

As the next few days went by things got easier. I was smiling and laughing again and I was beginning to learn to live again.

"Mom I think I need a change," I told her and she looked up at me with a smile.

"Alright what do you want to do?" Mom asked me and I smiled at her already knowing what I wanted to do.