Chapter 21 - The Hurt

4 days until the next experimentation...

"Akai!"

"Yes ma'am~?"

    She deadpanned. "Leave the cameras alone please."

    Whoever was watching at the moment, unfortunately, had a screen full of fire. Akai extended his tail to reach up to the camera and produced fire from the tip and held it close to the lens, he was trying to mess with the cameras to see if he can get a reaction. He leaned back and pouted like a child at his Keeper. "But I don't want to."

    (Y/N) cringed at how close the flame was to the piece of technology. The edges of the lens were probably singed by now and she didn't need him getting into trouble the day after the cameras were installed. "Akai! Get over here! I still have to do your checkup."

    The demon dramatically sighed and reverted his tail back to normal. He made his way over to (Y/N) as she was pulling out the new strange tools she was given to perform the checkups. She picked up a device that is supposed to read heartbeats as well as test blood. It was shaped like a hand vacuum with a screen above the handle and a cylinder metal piece at the end that is supposed to be pressed against the chest area. Along the left side was a built-in syringe that was connected to the device by a long tube. She stared at the piece of technology confusingly and went back to the crate it came in for any instructions on how to use it.

    Akai picked up another device that looked like two flashlights connected to one stick. He fumbled around with it for a bit until he found a small button on the side. He held it up to get a closer look and pressed it, a sudden light that was pointed at the Keeper flashed brightly, and coincidentally, she was facing his way. The light was a blinding white that made her momentarily blind. She yelped and immediately covered her eyes as they stung. "Akai!"

"Oops..." he snickered and placed the device back where it belonged.

"What did you do?!" She huffed, she tried opening her eyes but all she saw were colors. When they were opened, her eyes teared up, making her have to rub them. "I can't see!"

    Akai rolled his eyes and moved forward, pulling her hands away from her face and using his fingers to gently open her left eye. It was strained but nothing too serious. "Stop acting like a baby. You'll be fine."

"You wouldn't be saying that if this happened to you!"

    It took a few minutes for her eyes to finally soothe and she was able to see again but she had to keep them narrowed since they felt extremely dry. She picked up the cursed object Akai had and saw that it was to test a demon's eyes. Obviously not for humans.

    She lifted it up to his eyes and clicked the button. The same blinding flash went off and it made his pupils constrict but nothing else. He wasn't blinded or anything she had experienced which made her shocked and slightly angered. He snickered again at her frustration.

"Everything is funny to you huh?" She grumbled, grabbing the device she previously had and the instructions on how to use it. The demon smirked and leaned down to her level. "I find humor in everything, yes."

    Her eyes scanned the instructions and she winced at some of the images they showed. She met his gaze with a sorry look as she held up the scary contraption. "You're not gonna find this funny..."

    He observed the object and saw that it had holes at the end of the cylinder part. That syringe that was attached didn't look too enjoyable either.

    A camera zoomed in on the two and focused on Akai.

    (Y/N) positioned him to stand up straight and lifted the device to his heart. Before she could activate it, she stared at his t-shirt and pulled away. This might ruin the new garment with any blood that might get out. "Can you take off your shirt?"