𝟬𝟬𝟭 looking at the stars

chapter one looking at the stars

chapter one
looking at the stars

✵ ✵ ✵

"It is time," Arden heard, making her eyes shoot open to look at her surroundings

She took note of the dark room, Arisham standing tall and mighty in the well-lit center. It seemed to be the only source of light, yet she couldn't really tell.

Arden wished she could go and touch practically everything she could see, but her body took her to the wall of the room. Her back pressed against a spot in the wall just for her and soon her eyes met the gold wrapping around her body. She looked down briefly to find a black and purple suit covering her body before shrugging and stepping away.

Her feet then led her to the middle and she stared at the bright light.

Pressing two of her fingertips lightly onto the surface, she let out a soft chuckle when she noticed it looked like a person. She didnt mean to do that, it just looked funny somehow. So she made it walk. Then it ran and skipped and kicked, it was quite entertaining.

The entertainment stopped when she bumped into a figure.

"Hey watch it!" they two spoke stimutainiously making them both shoot each other a look.

Arden looked the red and black suited boy up and down before simply walking around him. She didnt want to cause unnecessary fights, she didnt even know the dude.

She continued walking with her fingertips lightly hitting any surface she came in contact with. She nodded at those she passed and watched where she was going.

Hopefully not bumping into anyone else.

When she felt someone come up behind her, she slowed trying to look at them from the corner of her eye without being obvious. It was difficult and unsuccessful to say the least.

"What are you doing?" the boy asked as he followed her around, watching her every move intensely.

"Making my hand person walk," she shrugged. "Why are you following me?"

"Why'd you call it a hand person?" he asked, disregarding her question.

"Because it looks like a person and it's my hand," she said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Which, in a way, it was.

"Oh," was all he said before he looked to his own hands.

Arden turned to him and gently grabbed his hand. She closed it into a fist before bringing two fingers out and placed it on the surface next to her own hand.

She 'kicked' his finger making a small laugh escape her lips. His lips tugged into a small smile before he did the same to her.

"What's your name?" Arden asked the boy before 'kicking' him again.

"Druig," he muttered, putting his hand back to his side. "Yours?"

"Arden."

He let out a hum as he watched her make her hand dance. He let out a breath, as if it was a laugh, making her sigh.

"I'm bored," she told him, looking to him and leaning against whatever was closest to her.

"Already?" he asked. "That was quick."

"I can't stick to one thing apparently," she shrugged, looking around before meeting his eyes again. "What can you do?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because I feel like it," she replied with a smirk. Her arms crossed across her chest as she did so before her eyes drifted off to another place.

He stayed quiet as he watched her look behind him. Turning to look at what had her full attention, his eyes saw nothing but the big window separating them from the stars.

Ardens eyes softened as she was caught under some sort of spell. She was mesmerized by the many shiny dots littering thousands and thousands galaxies and Druig did nothing but watch her as she stared in awe.

"Do you want to go closer?" he asked, lightly nudging her foot with his own to get her attention.

"Huh?" she asked, rapidly blinking her eyes and shaking her head before looking at him. "Oh! Im sorry, I didnt mean to ignore you."

"You didn't," he said before grabbing her arm and dragging her to the window.

They almost crashed into Kingo making the older man let out a 'woah!'. Arden laughed at him before they suddenly stopped.

"You can see them a little closer now," Druig told her, looking toward the side of her face.

"Thank you," she whispered, a smile tugging at the end of her lips.

✵✵✵

Arden stood next to Thena, watching as Ikaris flew towards the deviant coming out of the water. Her eyes scanned their surroundings, taking in the people, the weather, the scenery before she felt her arm extend and become sharp.

She looked down to watch her arm turn into a blade before rolling her shoulders and taking a deep breath.

It was show time.

authors note! ━━━━━━━
I apologize for this being so short I just struggle with first chapters all the time 🧍

also I came up with ANOTHER druig fic because I guess I have to have two or more of people I write ig

also Im so excited with what i have planned ,, hopefully i can update tommorow 😍