~ 48 ~

Hello guys!

Hello guys!

Sorry for the late update. It's my cousin's wedding on 14th and I'm hell busy with the rituals and preparations.

Anyways let's peep into the chapter.
.
.
.
Author's POV:

Maya went to her room silently and stood under the shower. She let the water droplets erase her tears. Every word he said was echoing in her ears. She closed her ears with her hands and collapsed on the floor. The cold water droplets were sending chills down her spine, but she was least about anything. She sat there under the shower, silently weeping.

Avi, who came to the room after talking to the officials, didn't find Maya in the room. He heard the shower sound. He stood out of the washroom and called her name, but she didn't respond. He found the door open. He slightly opened the door and saw her sitting on the floor under the shower. His eyes widened in shock. Her body was shivering, and she sat there hugging her knees close to her chest and with her head on her knees. He walked in, turned off the shower, and picked her up in his arms. He made her sit on the sink cabinet and started drying her hair with a towel. He removed all her jewellery and moved to the walk-in closet. He placed the jewellery on the table and picked up a nightdress for her. He handed her the dress and told her to change it.

Meanwhile, Avi changed his clothes and went down to the kitchen. He took the warm milk with turmeric and moved up to his room. He saw Maya sitting on the bed, lost in her thoughts. He sighed and approached her, placing his hand on her shoulder to bring her out of her thoughts. She looked up at him. He passed her a milk glass while she drank it without making any fuss.

He looked at her wide-eyed because milk and Maya are like the same poles of magnets that always repel. Seeing her drink milk without making any fuss was something new. He sat on the bed and took her in his lap while she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I want a break, Avi. I'm tired of all the happenings. Take me somewhere where there will be only two of us," she asked, looking into his eyes.

He pecked her head and nodded his head. Soon, both of them drifted off to sleep, hugging each other.

***********************

Sravya was standing on the terrace looking at the sky when she felt someone's presence around her. She turned around and saw Surya standing there with two cups in his hands.

"Hey!" Sravya greeted him.

"Are you not getting any sleep?" he asked, handing her one cup.

"Hmm. Wow, hot chocolate is my favourite. How do you know that?" She asked, taking a sip of hot chocolate.

"Mia told me," said Surya.

"Oh!" Sravya mumbled.

Both of them stood there in silence, enjoying the cool breeze, the night view of the city, and the hot chocolate. Surya looked at Sravya. Her face looked serene and happy. But what he doesn't know is that he is the reason behind that happiness. Sravya felt his gaze on her and looked at him. For a moment, she got lost in those dark brown eyes of his, but she quickly averted her eyes and looked away. She mumbled "thanks" and quickly ran away from there. Surya ran his hand through his hair and smiled, looking at her running figure.