Chapter 24: Betrayal Comes With a Broken Heart

A/N: So sorry for the wait, I've worked for 8 days in a row on top of classes. I've been getting tired lately, so I haven't had time to update. I finally have a day off, so I'm doing be best to update these books. Enjoy the chapter,  I hope it was worth the wait. 

"I've had my quirk activated the whole time, Aizawa. She wasn't lying, everything she said was the truth. You even erased her quirk a few moments into the interview, in case she was influencing our minds" Tsukauchi said as the two stood in a bedroom that was fit for a kid. 

When Shiyuna became successful, snagging a job as a lawyer, she bought a house and put together a room for Y/N, just in case she were to find him again. 

"I know she was telling the truth" Aizawa stated, looking around the clean room, designed with navy blue blankets on the bed and light grey walls. 

"Shouldn't you be happy? She's a mother mourning and she finally found her child. Y/N too, you said at the beginning you didn't even want to keep him for long" Tsukauchi pointed out. 

"...Throughout the interview, when she was telling her story. I hoped and hoped you would slam your hand on the table, telling her that she was lying, but you never did because she was telling the truth. I wanted her to treat Y/N so badly that it made him cry and run to me for protection, but she didn't because she's an amazing person. I wanted her to hate Y/N, so badly. And I hate myself for that" Aizawa whispered, avoiding eye contact with the officer. 

The two heard laughing coming from kitchen, and the two went to investigate. 

Eri was laughing uncontrollably while Y/N had a stare off with a dog that was bigger than he was. The dog had pure white fur, yellow eyes, and wanted nothing more than Y/N's undivided attention. 

"This is Joaan, he's friendly. I'm sorry, I had him in the backyard just in case you two were scared of dogs, but he found a way in afterall" Shiyuna laughed, holding out a dog treat for the two kids to take. (Joaan *cries in To Your Eternity*) 

Eri was quick to stand in front of Joaan, the dog sat patiently and waited for the treat. Eri giggled and gave the dog his treat, Y/N stepping forward the moment he realized it was safe to approach the unfamiliar animal. 

"Lie down, Joaan" Shiyuna said, the dog doing so immediately. Y/N's eyes widened like he just saw a magic trick, giving the dog a treat and running to the animal's side, climbing up and sitting on Joaan like he was a horse. 

"Careful careful!" Shiyuna gasped, catching Y/N before he hit the ground after Joaan stood up. Y/N clapped his hands at the catch, closing his eyes when Shiyuna pat his head fondly.

Y/N approved of her so quickly, and Aizawa hated that too.

"You filed the paper work two weeks ago, we just performed the interview, a social worker will be supervising Y/N as he stays here" Tsukauchi started, Aizawa snapped his attention towards the officer. 

"You found her two weeks ago and you didn't think to tell me?" Aizawa asked. 

"I didn't know how to tell you" Tsukauchi mumbled. Shiyuna only smiled at the officer, nodding her head while Y/N played with her apron.

Tsukauchi nodded his head and looked at Aizawa, who didn't look like he was ready to leave. "I'll step out and wait" Tsukauchi whispered to the hero, before bowing to Shiyuna, and let himself out. 

Aizawa only stood there, looking down at nothing in particular. 

"I heard you've been taking care of Y/N ever since he got out of the facility. I can't thank you enough for that" Shiyuna began, walking a little closer to Aizawa. 

"He loves you a lot, I can tell he does. Just by the way he looks at you for guidance. I don't want to take Y/N away from you. I can drive him to your house everyday so he can spend time there for an hour or two. He can spend the night once a week. I can admit him to the same school that Eri will go to, so they can grow up together. You can still watch him grow up, I'm not ripping you away from Y/N, not when he adores you and Eri" Shiyuna's promised, trying to get Aizawa to look at her. 

Y/N looked at Aizawa, he understood what was going on now. He was understanding words faster and faster. He knew what a mom was, Kota had told him not too long ago. He heard the word from the other little kids from the lab, and he longed for one ever since. And just like the fairytale books the people at the facility read to them, the books that Aizawa read to him and Eri, a mother finds him. 

Aizawa finally looked at the woman, not sparing a glance at Y/N. 

"That's not what I want. He was a pain to take care of, and all I ever wanted was to find his parents just to get rid of him. You're doing me a favor, so just take him and I never want to see him again" Aizawa said, Y/N's eyes widening. 

Shiyuna looked shocked at his words. She thought the man would jump at the opportunity to help raise Y/N, this wasn't the response she was expecting. And definitely not the response Y/N ever thought he would hear. 

"You don't mean that" Shiyuna started, clenching her apron a little at the cruel words. 

"I do mean them. I have Eri anyway" Aizawa brushed off, grabbing Eri in his arms and began walking out of the house. Not once, looking at Y/N. The little boy kept his eyes trained on the man who he always saw as his hero, walk away from him without saying a goodbye. Without a hug, he pinkie promised him that they would stay together and that everything would be okay. He promised that he would always come back to him.

So why did Aizawa take Eri, and not say goodbye? 

Y/N's eyes watered, looking at their retreating figures as he clenched his sweater in pain. His weak heart felt as though it shattered beyond recovery. 

'Please don't go. You didn't let me hug Eri, you still have Chelsea, you never let me sleep in your bed when I'm scared at night' Y/N found himself thinking as he lifted his hands to wipe away the tears that didn't want to stop.

Shiyuna kneeled beside Y/N putting a hand on his shoulder. Y/N pressed his head against her, crying his broken heart out.