Chapter 1: Back From The Dead

Upon returning to her bedroom after dinner with her family, the very first thing Grace did was order the maids to leave

"I'm sorry, but I need to be alone. Please leave."

"Yes, my lady."

At her words, the maids bowed and left the room.

Grace hurriedly approached the window with a bitter smile, watching the actions of the girls who seemed eager to make fun of the marriage between her and the "monster duke."

She leaned against the window sill and gazed down at the open lake and forest.

'I never thought I'd see this beautiful scenery again.'

A few months ago, she turned down a marriage proposal and left the mansion, saying that she would become a nun after isolating herself from the family.

Her body was trapped in a monastery, and she turned her back on this beautiful landscape, dreaming of a life with freedom.

She didn't know that it was how her first life ended. Only two days after preparing for life as "Grace the nun" instead of Grace Alberton in the monastery, she was poisoned.

The birthday cake that her mother, the Duchess of Alberton, had made for her for the first time contained a deadly poison that could dissolve her entire stomach and intestines in just one bite. She ate the entire slice in a fit of excitement without realizing it, so it was only natural that death came for her.

At dawn, when everyone was asleep, alone in the cold monastery, coughing up blood and dying, she earnestly prayed to God.

"Oh God, save this poor thing. I can't die like this."

She couldn't just die like this.

It was too unfair to die without being able to live properly.

If she could live, even if it meant marrying a real monster instead of a monster duke, she would do it.

She pleaded with God to save her until her last breath.

Did God listen to that earnest plea?

Grace lost her consciousness from the horrible pain of her lungs rupturing and her stomach and intestines dissolving. But when she opened her eyes, she was "back" to that time when her family first proposed the political marriage to the monster Duke.

Waking up, not in a closed-off monastery with old ceilings and iron bars, but in a large, ornate bedroom, Grace realized at that moment that God had heard her prayer.

"I don't know how I came back alive, but I don't want to die by a wrong choice again."

After a thousand hardships, she got her "second life" and from that moment on, she thought about how to survive.

After struggling for a day and a half without eating or drinking, she came to a conclusion. It was to accept the political marriage that was once granted to her.