Chapter 3

Fortunately, despite his large physique, Grace was able to catch up with him easily, perhaps because his steps were not that wide

Grace followed him just two steps away while observing Felix's mansion.

The castle was built solidly to suit the cold climate of the north, and magnificent enough to meet the dignity of being the largest in the empire. However, it was so desolate that there was no other place to look.

Was it because the Duchess of Felix, the younger sister of the former emperor, who was originally the mistress of the castle, passed away and left it unattended for a long time? The central garden, which was covered with white snow over the withered plants, was shabby and decorated with broken sculptures.

Maybe Arthur Felix, the monster duke, was just not very good at decorating the mansion. Grace thought when she saw Arthur walking forward.

"......This is the bedroom you're going to live in."

After passing through the central garden, again through the gate, and up the round marble staircase, Arthur stopped at a door.

Then, Arthur reached out for the doorknob, opened the door and beckoned to Grace.

The gesture seemed to force her into the room, so Grace awkwardly passed him into the bedroom.

"......my goodness."

At that moment, Grace's bedroom was completely different from what she had imagined.

A large bed, white canopy hanging over it, warm light pink wallpaper and silver dressing table, and enormous windows to a spacious closet and terrace were perfectly up to date as the capital.

Grace widened her eyes in surprise at the bedroom, which was completely different from the atmosphere of the mansion she saw earlier.

"Do you like it?"

"...Ah, yes."

Arthur asked Grace, who was looking around the bedroom with surprise, in a blunt voice.

When Grace answered with a nod, her eyes seemed to slightly wrinkled. Then Arthur, who soon cleared his throat briefly, reaffirmed completely that she had entered the room and said, taking a step back.

"Then get some rest. That little door is the bathroom in this room, so you can take a bath there."

"....Yes? Ah, yeah."

"Your luggage is ordered to be cleared tomorrow, so you don't have to worry about the maids coming in during the break."

".....Ah, is that so?"

Before she even asked a question, Arthur told Grace what she might now be curious about. Grace nodded awkwardly when he said,

"I've told you everything, so don't ask me any more."