Chapter 10

Sally hesitated to answer for a moment

".....I don't remember exactly when or how they went wrong, neither do I remember the details of the date nor the little events. Is that okay?"

"Yes, I'd appreciate it if you could divulge about this matter to me as much as you know, without hiding anything."

"......Yes, I understand."

"Then Sally, when did the ladies who got married or engaged to the Duke start getting weird?"

'Which one should I start with?'

When Grace asked what came to her mind first, Sally tried to recall something for a moment then answered.

"It's hard to say because the periods of their deaths were varied, but the rest of the survivors who were here almost as early as a week, or as late as a month..... they started to go crazy."

"Really? Then can you tell me how it started getting crazy?"

".....Well, each lady had different symptoms, so I can't say what it's like in common. Electra said that she suddenly saw something in her bedroom two weeks after she got married, and Bianca suddenly complained that all the water and food tasted fishy. And Raina kept scratching her whole body, saying it seemed like she had a groove in her body."

"You mean nothing really happened?"

"Yes, the way I see it, Electra was alone in the bedroom, and there was nothing wrong with the water and the food. We haven't found anything suspicious as well."

"So only they've seen, heard, touched all the nonsense."

Grace answered Sally with a nod. None of them had a symptom in common with the exception that all of them felt some sensory abnormalities.

'Is it really because of the "curses" on Duke Arthur Felix that caused such symptoms?'

Grace frowned upon thinking this. She asked Sally a different question.

"So what about the people they met?"

"What do you mean by someone they met?"

"Ladies showed abnormal symptoms not necessarily because of the duke's curse, but maybe because one of the duke's political enemies deliberately harmed them. Like acquaintances who know all the ladies, or someone they've met in common. Was there anyone like that?"

Grace elaborated her question.

"....Well, Electra grew up only in the Principality of Royend and after marriage, Electra seemed to have few friends in this empire.Bianca hated meeting people because she was nervous and sensitive. Raina and Karen were sociable, but before marriage, they had sorted out all their relationships."

"....Sorted out relationships?"

"Yes, so if they meet right after the wedding, they would only talk about the Emperor, the royal family, the nobles who were associated with the Imperial Family, and your father, Duke Fitzgerald Alberton."