November: Vacation Part 2

Chris POV

Walking through the theme park Daphne's eyes alight with awe and wonder as though it was her very first trip, though I'm well aware it is not. But here we are, walking down Main Street, USA in Magic Kingdom, her eyes glisten with tears, her lips wide with a giggly smile and her feet practically bouncing off the pavement.

'If she's like this when it's just the two of us, I wonder how she'll be with our child's first trip? I bet it'll be even more mesmerizing,' I think to myself as I watch her eyes dance. I pull the hand I've been holding up to my lips, kissing it forcefully with a loud "Muah!" causing her to laugh at me now rather than her surroundings.

"I know! I'm a big dork," she says between laughs as we swing our interlocked hands back and forth.

"But you're my dork," I remind her sweetly which earns me an eye roll and a small slap to my chest.

Daphne suddenly stops and I realize we're in front of the castle now. I take a moment to join her in her sense of wonder before interrupting the moment. I pull a map out of my cargo shorts pocket. "So where should we start?" I ask glancing over our options.

"Put that away," she scoffs at my question.

"Don't we need to know where we're going?"

Daphne gives me her megawatt, stop wars smile before answering. "Trust me! I'll be the map," she insists with a tap of her finger on the tip of my nose.

"Now," I jokingly start, "kiss the prince that swept the princess off her feet." A small smile plays across my lips as she goes up on her tip toes again to sweetly peck my lips. "Guess I need to show you how it's really done." I pull her towards my chest and dip her body down before placing a sweet, but breathtaking kiss against her lips as she grasps my bicep for support, afraid I'll drop her.

I bring my giggling bride back to a standing position as she buries her face in my chest. I take the moment to just hold her tightly against me, soaking in this moment of bliss.

"Alright, map," I begin as she starts to pull herself out of my arms. "Lead the way!"

~~~~~
Daphne POV

   "Go down this little hill, through that tunnel type walkway and there's a bathroom to the left."   Chris looks down at me like I've lost my mind. "I told you I could be our map," I remind him. This earns me one of his loud roaring laughs as he grabs his chest. I've missed seeing that wide, all teeth showing smile of his. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

"I love you," he smiles at me before following my directions and locating the restroom.

It was just after lunch at this point in our day so crowds had definitely increased. I move out of the middle of the walkway and decide to sit just outside a stroller drop off area. Pulling out my phone I decide to waste time scrolling through videos on TikTok. I come across a funny sound and decide to save it for later in the hopes I can eventually use it myself. Glancing up I spot Chris coming out of the area I sent him towards. I flip my phone to video to record him as he starts dancing towards me.

This man fills my heart with more joy than I could ever make him understand. I pray it never changes.

~~~~~

We decide to ride Haunted Mansion, even though things popping up all around me tend to scare the snot out of me, I happily oblige the handsome man before me.

I sink in closer to Chris, who wraps his arm around me, once we reach our Doom Buggy. Most of it doesn't really bother me but I'll gladly accept the extra attention.