96 | kuroo's big mouth

NINETY-SIX. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"OH HEY, IT'S YOU." Kuroo grinned as he sat on his seat located beside the vacant seat in between him and the tall middle blocker of Inarizaki.

Suna glanced to his left and nodded at the bed-haired captain of Nekoma who he'd been acquainted with during the opening day.

"You aren't with your setter?" Suna asked, knowing that usually the two came in a set.

"Nope." Kuroo shrugged, glancing at the vacant seat at the front where Suna's companion, the current best setter in high school, Atsumu Miya, was also supposed to be. "I'm guessing you aren't with yours either?"

Suna hummed in agreement, eyes going back to the court where Japan was playing against Netherlands.

Kuroo nodded in understanding, glancing around the VIP section. The population in the seats wasn't even close to the number there was on the first day.

There was only him, Suna, Tendō— who he is yet to be acquainted with, Kiyoko of Karasuno, and—

"Kuroo-san, Suna-kun." Someone greeted from Kuroo's left, making him turn around to look at who it was.

Suna nodded at him in acknowledgement.

"Akaashi?" Kuroo looked behind the boy who was in a beige shirt paired with plaid pants. "Where's Boku-bro?"

"He's babysitting Daiki." The setter said, sitting in between the two middle blockers.

"Ah Boku-bro's young boy." Kuroo nodded, having met Daiki before.

Suna just hummed, thinking that 'his young boy' was another term for 'his kid'. Not his place to judge if the ace has a kid already.

Akaashi hummed. "Who're we playing against?"

"Netherlands." Suna told him.

"Is it looking good?" Akaashi asked.

Kuroo pointed at the scoreboard. "Take a guess."

48 - 62, in favor of Japan.

And it was only the second quarter.

Akaashi had a sharp intake of breath. "Woah.."

"Woah is right." Kuroo agreed, looking at the lineup that was matching Netherlands' aggressive play. "I watched a replay of their match against Belgium and Philippines yesterday— it wasn't nearly as fast-paced and aggressive as this."