50

Yu Yin carried the boy in his arms, and hadn't swam upward for long, when he saw Jiang Yan who had chased him over.

His pupils shrank slightly, then he turned away, letting his long hair cover his face.

He couldn't let humans see his siren appearance.

In his haste, Yu Yin didn't even dare to change back into human form. He threw the child in his hands in Jiang Yan's direction, then swung his tail quickly and swam back.

A child directly smashed toward Jiang Yan's face. He scrambled to catch him, and when he looked down again, he could only see a fish tail disappearing into the depths of the ocean.

As well as long, seaweed-like hair.

Humans' naked eyes had very low visibility underwater, and they would be deprived of oxygen if they held their breath for a long time. If he really were an ordinary person he probably would've thought he was hallucinating.

"... Really, what is there to hide. Neither of us are demons." Jiang Yan's lips curled.

But he couldn't blame the little siren either. His cultivation was relatively high, and the other didn't know he was a demon.

The safety of the child was more important. Jiang Yan gave up the idea of ​​chasing after Yu Yin, and quickly swam back to the surface, carrying the child out.

"The child's here!" he shouted.

"Great, the child has been found!"

"Jeffrey, my Jeffrey!" The child's mother hugged the child, returning to the shore to give him CPR.

Jeffrey spit out a mouthful of water, opening his eyes in confusion: "Mama..."

"I think I saw a mermaid." Before he fell unconscious, he saw a mermaid with a tail coming to rescue him, like a scene written in a fairy tale.

"It's really great that you're okay!" His mother hugged him tightly, "Mama was scared to death. The one who saved you wasn't a mermaid, it was this gege— eh, where did he go?"

After Jiang Yan handed the child back to his mother, he dove back into the water to find Yu Yin.

Something was obviously wrong with that tentacle. He was worried that if he let the little siren face it himself, an accident would happen.

Qi Baicha looked at the behemoth on the seabed in front of him, forming an ice bow in his hand.

This thing looked a bit like an octopus, was as big as three blue whales, and was impossible to see entirely when up close. Its eyes were as wide as copper bells, and its big empty mouth opened, thick mucus flowing from it. There were no teeth in its mouth, so it could swallow countless tons of sea water, fish, and shrimp in one gulp.

It had tens of thousands of tentacles on its body, which were always squirming and waving, relying on its suction cups to firmly hold onto the prey it fancied. Countless, densely-packed tentacles swayed. None of the fish that passed by were spared, large swaths of dead fish sticking to the tentacles like samples.

Perhaps it was a paradise for tentacle lovers, but it was definitely a claustrophobic nightmare.

Its head was too big, and its tentacles were too long and large in number. Qi Baicha couldn't get close, so he could only use long-range attacks.

This creature was evidently not a species from this world; it was an otherworldly invader.

Qi Baicha held a bow in his left hand and condensed an ice arrow with his right. He drew the bow, aiming at the giant octopus monster's eyes.