51

World number 493.

In a misty blood forest, the beautiful white-haired elf weakly flapped his wings, stepping the red leaves, holding the trunk of a tree and panting.

He looked back hesitantly.

Was that vampire... catching up?

Even in a 90% ocean world, the races on land were not united against their enemy, or at least the vampire race didn't plan to be.

When the oceanic races weren't putting their ambitions on taking over the land, the vampire and elf races were natural enemies. Vampires drank blood to survive, and one of the races they preyed on was the elves. They could also make do with oceanic creatures' blood, but it wasn't as delicious as those of elves. There would often be elves who would die from their blood being sucked dry. Elves were close with nature, and had generations of friendship with the dwarves. They would collect crystalline nuclei from natural elements and give them to the dwarves, in exchange for protection. Dwarves were obsessed with forging, and would forge weapons with crystals embedded, that were specifically for hunting vampires, to protect the elves.

The three major races mutually restrained each other, forming a triangular relationship in which the elves supplied the dwarves, the dwarves dealt with the vampires, and the vampires hunted down the elves.

World 493's landmass was very small; it was basically just one vast forest. In order to protect the elves, a long time ago, the elf god used a barrier to divide the forest in two. The lush green to the east was the Elf Forest, and the depths of the forest was the elves' kingdom. The bloody red to the west was the blood forest, which was the vampires' territory, and the castle manor housed arrogant vampires. The dwarves' kingdom was underground, and had very little living space.

The entire forest was surrounded by the ocean, like a floating island in the middle of nowhere.

No one could cross this barrier. The vampires could only satisfy their hunger by fishing and using them for bloodletting, having to endure the disgusting fishy smell.

This balance continued until the sea god tried to submerge the last piece of land, and occupy the entire world. After the three major races suffered heavy casualties, only then did they barely stop their infighting. The vampire god, the elf god, and the dwarf god showed unprecedented unity, fought together, and defeated the most powerful sea god, sealing him in an unknown place. The three gods needed to continuously use magic to strengthen the barrier.

After the battle of the four gods, all the gods disappeared without a trace. The ocean lost the sea god, and the various races in the ocean started fighting amongst themselves. The mermaid race and the octopus race were vying for the ocean's hegemony. There was no time to bother with the land.

All of the elves' power had to be used on reinforcing the god-suppressing barrier, and the barrier that protected the elves disappeared.

Once the protective barrier disappeared, for the vampires, it was undoubtedly a delicious paradise.

The meddlesome dwarves would always appear and disrupt them from feeding, but occasionally there were little elves that would get lost on their own, encounter a vampire that had come out, and just happen to become their next meal.

For example, this snow elf.

Daniel was a vampire, a currently hungry vampire.

There were many types of elves. The ones most commonly seen in the forest were flower elves and wood elves, and rarer ones were snow elves, wind elves, water elves... His luck today obviously wasn't bad; he had encountered a cute snow elf when out hunting.