Chapter 55

When the assistant walked to the office, Gu Lixuan, who had accidentally followed him, bumped into him and the photos in the file bag were scattered all over the floor. 

"I'm sorry." Gu Lixuan apologized and knelt down to help sort out the photos.

The assistant felt sorry for Gu Lixuan's termination of the contract. Seeing his desperate appearance, he couldn't bear it so he patted him on the shoulder and thanked him. 

Gu Lixuan stopped him. "Brother Peng, I am curious and would like to ask you something. President Ying and Xia Liang...have they met?"

"Oh, there is such a thing." The assistant thought to himself that this incident was also caused by Gu Lixuan so he briefly mentioned what happened a while ago. 

Gu Lixuan frowned after hearing this. "Mr. Ying actually let him go like this?" 

"Yes." the assistant sighed. "That Xia Liang, with a mouth full of flowers, really moved the boss. I also think it's a little weird."

Gu Lixuan's eyes flashed and then he asked,  "Brother Peng, it should always be not for that Xia Liang..."

The assistant realized that this was the former lover of his own boss and that the boss's new love was not very good so he quickly shut the topic down. 

"Then what, I have something to do so let's not talk. "

Gu Lixuan watched the assistant walk away. His complexion gradually darkened and he muttered to himself, "Ying Mohua, you promised to give me the parting gift. Is this how you send it?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After Li Mo stayed with the crew for a few months, he finally ushered in his final day. But as the male protagonist of this play, his role is not the last one to finish, there is another second male lead who finishes later than him. 

This afternoon, Li Mo finished his last scene, went back to the lounge, took off his makeup, and waited for Ji Qin while playing with his mobile phone.

Opening and closing the door, two girls in the makeup set walked in and whispered, "Is the person standing outside Gu Lixuan?" 

"Looks like it but I don't dare to recognize him. I also feel like he doesn't seem to be so."

"I also think that Gu Lixuan will not wear clothes so casually and this person... how do you say, it seems that this Gu Lixuan is not as handsome as Gu Lixuan." 

"Hey, I'm not a fan of him anyway so I won't confirm it. It would be embarrassing if I'm mistaken."

The two girls packed up their things while chatting and left. Li Mo waited until the two went out, only to find that he was staring at his phone without moving for a long time.

It has been several months since Gu Lixuan's kidnapping incident. During this period, apart from hearing that his agency had ruthlessly swept him away, Li Mo never heard any news about Gu Lixuan, as if he had just evaporated from the world.

The reason for Gu Lixuan's termination of contract has not been announced and both parties have remained silent on the matter. After more than a month of vigorous quarrels and speculations, the entertainment industry has gradually shifted its attention. 

It is hard for Li Mo to say what he thinks of Gu Lixuan now. He once regarded the other party as a friend who he talks about with everything, then it turned into a hatred like they never knew each other before when he knew that Gu Lixuan had such thoughts towards him. 

After doing so many difficult things behind his back, he didn't know how to face this former friend even more.

After the contract termination incident, he also secretly inquired about Gu Lixuan's whereabouts. After the inquiries were unsuccessful, he tried to comfort himself. The other party deserved his current fate and he didn't need to feel guilty about it.

But when he heard Gu Lixuan's name again, there was still a sour feeling in his heart. He felt that the ill fate between himself and Gu Lixuan had not yet ended. If it keeps dragging on like this, he would not be able to leave the shadow of Gu Lixuan for the rest of his life. Thinking of this, he took a deep breath, got up, and opened the door to walk out.

The two bodyguards who have been with him before don't know where to go to be lazy. One reason is that the kidnapping incident had passed for so long and everyone's guard was gradually relaxed; the other was that after the bodyguards found out Li Mo's routines and after confirming that Li Mo's safety during the filming was not a problem, they took advantage of this time and sneaked out to take a short run then slipped back when Li Mo was almost finished filming.

It's just that the director temporarily cut some shots on this day so Li Mo ended the scene an hour earlier than expected. In fact, it is not the first time that he has discovered the laziness of two bodyguards but with his personality, even if he found out, he pretended not to know it.

What's more, Li Mo at this moment doesn't really want anyone to follow him. He pretended to be careless and walked half a circle outside the studio. Finally, under a pavilion that was half built, he saw Gu Lixuan wearing a cap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After eating at noon that day, Xia Liang has been sleeping and he has not been awake for most of the afternoon.

Zhou Shuo leaned on the sofa with his laptop to handle official duties. He hasn't been anywhere in the past few days. He ate and slept with Xia Liang in this hotel suite, and kept Xia Liang company for a while.

Since the two of them crossed the line, Xia Liang's attitude towards him was obviously more conniving than before. Even if Zhou Shuo said that he did not want to be separated from him and did not want to go to the company to work, Xia Liang no longer persuades him with the same logic as before.

He just smiles and kisses him on the forehead, and said, "Don't go if you don't want to go. It is the same for telecommuting."

Zhou Shuo found that Xia Liang seems to like kissing his forehead very much, the intimacy felt between relatives and lover makes him feel itchy. 

Due to Xia Liang's physical condition, each time the two kissed, he forces the fire down. 

Zhou Shuo was very satisfied. He's giving birth for the first time in more than 20 years. The thought that "I am the happiest man in the world" came.

Before he knew it, Zhou Shuo touched his nose with some guilty conscience and forced his attention back to the laptop screen. From the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of Xia Liang turning over on the bed, lifting the quilt with both hands restlessly. 

Zhou Shuo put down his laptop, stood up, and walked over to help him tuck the quilt again.

Xia Liang suddenly grabbed his hand. The cold sweat on his palm surprised him. He held Xia Liang's hand and checked to see that the other party's eyes were still closed, the eyebrows were tightly twisted, and a thin layer of sweat oozes from the corner of his forehead.

Are you having nightmares? 

Zhou Shuo hesitated for a moment, wondering if he wanted to force Xia Liang to wake up at this time when Xia Liang's cell phone on the bedside table vibrated abruptly.

Xia Liang's body shook and he opened his eyes abruptly. His pupils dilated for a while before slowly returning to focus. 

"Brother Liang, what's wrong? Are you having a nightmare?" 

Zhou Shuo helped him sit up slowly and at the same time stuffed a pillow on his back.

Xia Liang licked his dry lips and was about to say something, but found that the phone was still vibrating, so he swallowed it back, took the phone and looked at the display.

It was Father Xia.