3.

Ginny was sitting at the Gryffindor table patiently waiting for the mail to arrive. She knew what was coming, but she was anxious that someone from the Wizengamot was going to arrive before her package. And she really needed her package after all the work that Harry had to go through, just so they could stay together. 

"Finally!" Ginny caught the package as it was dropped and smiled when she saw Harry's writing on the outside. 

"What is that?" Hermione leaned over as Ginny opened the wrappings. Hermione gasped she couldn't believe what was inside. "Ginny!" 

"You didn't want to know." Ginny shook her head and thought Hermione was right after all and she didn't want to tell her what she had done. 

"That better be from Harry." That was all Hermione had to say.

Ginny just smiled and slipped the ring on her finger. Magical bonds were very strong, now nothing and no one would get between her and her true love. It was a beautiful thin gold band with diamonds wrapping all the way around. The diamond in the middle was pear-shaped and it looked absolutely beautiful in both Ginny and Hermione's opinion. 

"He did well," Ginny signed and relaxed for the first time since they had been back. 

Hermione on the other hand was the most anxious she had been. Should she have done what Ginny did? Surely they would have bent the rules for her too. Hermine and Ron were an integral part of stopping Voldemort, which must have earned them some favors. It was too late. Hermione had received her envelope. Her future awaited her in the small brown paper. All she had to do was open it and find out. 

That's what they all had to do. It was scary though, scary to have something so incredibly important decided for them. 

"Do you want me to open it for you, Hermione? I can tell you who it is."

"Yes," Hermione handed the letter to Ginny and closed her eyes. She wished and she hoped to hear Ron's name. She pleaded with whoever was listening. Not that anyone was because that is not the name she heard. She didn't hear any name at first actually. All Ginny could do was gasp.

Hermione opened her eyes, and what she saw was Ginny going paler than she had ever seen her before. Hermione's letter was shaking in Ginny's hands and Hermione started to cry. How bad was it? 

"Gin?"

"They cannot. I won't allow it. How could they possibly do this to you? How..." Ginny just turned the letter around so Hermione could see. Plain as day written in bold black ink...

DRACO MALFOY

Hermione couldn't help the tears that were running down her face. What were they thinking pairing her with someone like that? SOmeone that hated her, someone that she hated. Someone that watched her be tortured. 

Neville, Seamus, and Dean all leaned in to look at the letter. Horrified looks crossed each of their faces. 

"Bloody hell. That is the cruelest thing they could have done." Neville had a hard look on his face that Hermione knew he didn't showcase often. 

"Hermione," Luna had come over when the gasps echoed through the table. "Are you alright?"

Hermione just looked around. She was stunned and angry. Scared. She was scared. But she saw him just staring at her. He didn't look angry. He looked extremely calm like he was happy almost.

"How can I marry him?" Hermione drew her gaze away from Draco and looked between Ginny and Luna. 

"Hermione, we are not letting you jsut give up being a witch do you understand me? We will help you through this. We will find a way to help you be happy." Ginny was speaking gently and rubbing Hermione's back.

"Why did they take him away from me?" 

"I...I don't know." Ginny was trying to come up with a better answer but she just couldn't.

Just then another letter floated down in front of Ginny. 

Gin

Is she alright? Did they put her with someone decent enough? Please tell me that she's happy. I have to know she is going to be alright. They have paired me up with Susan Bones. I don't know if I have even ever talked with her. She seems nice enough though. Hopefully some good comes out of this. Right now I am just really missing Hermione. 

Ron

"Ron says he has been put with Susan Bones." Ginny was trying to be gentle with the information, Hermione should know but she wasn't sure how she would react. 

"Well, at least they have given him someone nice." Hermione threw herself into Ginny and started sobbing. 

"Luna who do you have?" Neville glanced over. He hadn't opened his letter after he saw how upset Hermione was, and he was hoping that He and Luna were together. 

"I have been paired with Blaise Zabini," Luna said pointed to the boy at the Slytherin table who was still sporting a shocked expression staring at his own letter. 

Neville was slightly disappointed and opened his letter. 

Hannah Abbott

That was fine Neville thought. She was a kind person, and they had gotten along when they had spoken in the past. No one was worse in Neville's opinion than Hermione's pairing. 

"I've got Hannah Abbott," 

"Who do you think your brothers got Gin?" Hermione had stopped crying. The tears were gone, and she had to try and think about something else. She hoped everyone else would be happy with their partners. 

George had been in his shop when his letter arrived. He had been shocked by the article he had seen earlier that day, but he figured he didn't care about weddings very much anyway and this was something that would be easier for him. He didn't particularly like dating at the emoment. It was too hard for him to be happy right now. 

Angelina Johnson

He smiled. She was a wicked quidditch player and they had known one another a long time. That would help things out, plus she knew all about Fred and figured she might even be able to help him find a little happiness. 

He pulled out some parchment and a quill and jotted some things down and sent it to. Not too bad he thought. Not too bad. 

Percy had not been given a letter. Thankfully he had known all about the law that was being thought up and he used that knowledge to get married in secret to the girl that he had loved. Penelope Clearwater. She was intelligent and witty, and always kept him on his toes. He just had the difficult task now of telling his entire family.

"Now that you have your letters I want you to know that if your partner is also here at Hogwart's you are to be given a small cottage outside the castle for you to both live in if you desire. To become more familiar with living with someone in a safe environment. If you need anything please speak with a professor as soon as you can. We are here to help you through this. I strongly suggest meeting up with your partner during breakfast or lunch tomorrow to talk things through.