Chapter 19

A/N: Hi Guys :) First, thank you for your support. I never thought that this story finds so many readers in this short time. I love you all. Secondly, I have an important thing to say. Things have become so tough at my work due to a website launch we have soon. I may not be able to update regularly. But I promise to update at least every two days. Don't be a worry. I'm so excited to update as well so I won't leave this story. Enjoy the next chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That son of a bitch." hissed Ashley and clenched and unclenched her fist. "I really will kick his ass when I see him. How could he say those words about your mother? Anyone who knows her knows what a jewel she is."

They had sat behind the counter of the boutique that Ashley worked at. It was almost four in the afternoon and finally, the shop was less crowded. Even Alison had helped after she had arrived. Ashley's manager was a young and friendly girl who let them finally sit and talk and Alison had just finished telling Ash everything, even what Xander had called her on the first day of school.

Alison chuckled bitterly. "Well, everyone except arrogant Xander King." she said sadly.

"You should tell your mum." said Ashley seriously.

"What?" said Alison shocked. "Are you out of your mind? If I tell her, besides the fact that she becomes so sad, Albert will find out and only God knows what he will do to Xander." 

Ashley snapped her finger. "That's the point." she said. "That bastard really needs to learn his lesson."

Alison sighed and shook her head. "As much as I hate him, I don't want to turn his father against him." she said. "No one deserves it."

"You are too good for this world, Al." said Ashley and put a strand of her straight short blond hair behind her ear. "By the way, call your mother and tell her that you will stay at my house for a few days. There is no way in hell I let you go back this soon."

"I will. She must have arrived by now." said Alison and fished her phone from her pocket. "While I do this, you call the boys. Let's go out tonight."

"okay." asked Ashley. "First let me service that customer," she said and left Alison.

"Hi, mum." said Alison as her mother picked her phone. Her heart clenched remembering Xander's words about her mother but for the sake of her mother she kept her voice happy.

"Hi, sweetheart," answered Eva happily. "We will be home in just a few minutes. I have missed you a lot."

"Um, actually mum, we have a situation here." Alison decided to lie to keep everything hidden. "The boys had found some trouble. So we are going to stay at Ashley's house for a few days. Her parents have gone on holiday and she is alone. Please somehow convince Albert."

"Oh." was all Eva said, shocked. 

"Please, mum." pleaded Alison after a minute of silence. "I really need to stay with them."

"Okay, my dear." said Eva kindly. Alison could almost see the warm smile on her face. Although, what she couldn't see was lines of worry on Eva's forehead. "You can stay with them. Don't be worried about anything."

"Thank you, mum." smiled Alison. "I love you."

"I love you too, my dear. Bye." said Eva and ended the call.

"It's so odd." said Ashley with her eyes fixed on her phone. "Boys don't answer their phones."

"What?" frowned Alison and tilted her head to a side. "They always have their phones with them."