averted gazes

━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━

"Two souls don't find
themselves by accident."

━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━

Every fight we perform Druig and I grow closer at every encounter, after a fight in 4000 bc I walk away from the celebration of our recent win of battle with the deviants

As I step out and step down the steps of the stone built community of buildings and houses the freezing air smacks me across the face

God I wish I put my fur coat on. As I take a seat on the sand dunes of the Desert we're currently staying in I sigh loudly but my breath hitches as I hear someone approach

"Ya know the party is inside right?"

I look up to his voice and say "Druig."

He mocks my response, "Gaia."

"Why aren't you inside?"

"Well, Kingo was about to start singing and I don't feel the need to have my eardrums bleed."

I laugh and smile at the ground. He watches me laugh and smiles to himself for a few moments

"Are you going to come sit or just stand in front of me for the rest of the night Druig?"

He slowly sits beside me as I lean back on the dunes staring at the array of constellations and beautiful stars. Druig says "So, we just sit here?"

I turn my head to him and say sarcastically "Well, I am staring at the stars trying to avoid the guilt of killing. You can build a sandcastle or something if you'd like."

He shakes his head and says "There's no water near by. Why suggest that and get my hopes up for a slightly less boring night with sand castles?"

I shake my head and sigh as I look back to the sky. "You don't know how to relax do you?"

He says matterafactly "I don't get stressed."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and say "So you're telling me that the man who can control the whole world with just a thought doesn't feel the pressure of his impact?" He nods and says "Yeah, pretty much." I roll my eyes and say sarcastically "You nearly sounded like pig headed Ikaris right there. Where has my kind and sweet Druig gone?"

I giggle in a joking matter and he shakes his head trying to avoid giving me the satisfaction of a smile "You believe I'm sweet and kind? Who are you? Where's the Gaia that punched Kingo for eating her oranges?" I laugh loudly and roll towards him, now on my side looking at him as he stares at the stars laughing and shaking his head. "I don't like others taking my things."

"Obviously."

I smile and I put my hand up above my head and turn my hand in an attempt to figure out the constellations. He says "You're doing it wrong."