Chapter 5 Part 3: Heart of Darkness

- - - - JASONS BEDROOM - - - -    Scott, Betty and Jughead go up the stairs and find the door to Jason Blossom bedroom, Scott picks the lock and unlocks the door and the trio slowly walks in

    Scott, Betty and Jughead go up the stairs and find the door to Jason Blossom bedroom, Scott picks the lock and unlocks the door and the trio slowly walks in.

Betty: Is it me or did the temperature just drop like it does in horror movies?

Jughead: That's just the icy chill of the dead.

Scott: That, or the ghost of Jason Blossom.

Betty: Ok Where does a teenage boy hide things?

Jughead: Under the mattresses, maybe in the drawers, behind the headboard, in the closet.

Scott: Ok, Betty you check the mattress and drawers. Jughead, you check the closet and I'll check the headboard.

???: Hello.

Betty, Scott and Jughead jump-back in horror to find an older lady, in a wheelchair, sitting in the corner.

Betty: [Gasps] Holy... I'm so sorry, we were just leaving.

Nana Blossom: Oh. It's you. How lovely to see you again. Come closer, I wanna get a good look at you.

Jughead: The horror. The horror.

Nana Blossom: Come closer, Polly dear.

Betty slowly walks toward Nana Blossom

Betty: It's nice to you again, too.

Nana Blossom: I'm sorry it had to be under such terrible circumstances.

Nana Blossom: Well, of course you're not wearing it. God bless.

Betty: Wearing what?

Nana Blossom: The ring, Polly. That ring has been in the Blossom family for generations. You keep it close to your heart, always. But don't tell Penelope I gave it to you. Or she'll likely come and snip it off your finger!

Betty: I won't, I promise.

Nana Blossom: Such a shame. Your wedding was the last thing I was living for. I lost a grandson, but you, you've lost the love of your young life. Poor child.

Betty: Excuse me.

Betty quickly runs out of the room trying to hold back tears, with Scott and Jughead shortly chasing after her.

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -
Scott is back home, in his kitchen, not wearing his tie or suit jacket. He thinks about all of the things that have happened this eventful day. From Cheryl speech to the surprise about Polly and Jason, Scott knew there were answers that were still unanswered and knew he wasn't gonna get those answers as Scott Wilson.

                           - - - - THORNHILL - - - -
    Later that night at Thornhill, The Masked Vigilante is sneaking around the grounds of the mansion and trying not to be seen. The vigilante climbs up the wall that leads to Jasons bedroom. He slowly opens up the window and enters the room and examines the area. He first looks over at the corner to see if  Nana Blossom is there and, thankfully, she is not.

     He begins to look around but he's not finding anything, until he looks under the mattress and finds a brochure for something called "The Farm". Before the vigilante can examine further, the door begins to open. He quickly ducks and hides under the bed. He tries not to breath to hard to be heard, to make matters worse the person doesn't leave but instead lays on the bed.

   To the vigilante shock the person starts to cry. He didn't know what was happening and begins to talk, the vigilante knew this persons voice and it was Cheryl Blossom, who sounded hurt and distraught.

Cheryl: JJ, you were the best part of me. The one thing that kept me from losing my mind. I'm lost without you, Sometimes I wish...I was the one that died...why wasn't me.

Cheryl begins to break down and cry. The masked vigilante felt bad for her what she had to go through, he related to her from them both losing family members that were so deep to them. Suddenly, it's quiet. He peaks out from under the bed to see that Cheryl is now asleep. He slowly gets up from under the bed and looks at Cheryl, he wanted to talk to her and tell her that the pain she feels, from losing her brother, will get better with time.

Suddenly, a shriek alarms the vigilante. He looks up and sees Penelope Blossom in the doorway. This wakes up Cheryl who also screams at the sight of him. With no idea what to do, or how to get out of this, the vigilante jumps out the bedroom window and lands in a bush. He jumps out the bush and heads for the gate when all of sudden gunshots are being shot near him. Clifford Blossom is chasing him with a revolver around the grounds.

    The Vigilante climbs up the wall and disappears into the night. The Blossom family all converge at the front gate in terror as to what has happened here.

                     - - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -
   The door bust open, with the masked vigilante falling on the couch trying to catch his breath. He takes the mask off revealing Scotts sweaty face. He is in shock and trying to catch his breath. He then reached in his pocket and pulls out the brochure for the Farm, he found in Jasons room.

Jughead: Every town has one. The house on the haunted hill all the kids avoid. Now that Jason was buried in the earth, it would only be a matter of time until something poisonous bloomed. In that long, cold shadow cast by his d*ath. Whatever grew in the rich black soil of the Blossom's garden always found its way to the town. Whether it was m*rder. Or love. Or secrets. Or lies.

                  - - - - THE BLUE AND GOLD - - - -
  Betty, Scott and Jughead are all at the blue and gold offices, looking at their murder board

Betty: Scott, Juggie, I feel like I don't even know who my mom and dad are anymore.

Jughead: Betty... if your parents lied about Jason and Polly, there's probably more that they lied about.

Betty: What do you mean?

Scott: Your dad said he would do anything to protect Polly. So the next logical question is... How far would he go to protect her?

Betty: Guys, whoever broke into Sheriff Keller's house and stole all his evidence wasn't at the drive-in. My Dad wasn't at the drive-in.

Betty hands Scott a picture of her parents, that he then stamps onto the murder board.

Jughead: We need to talk to Polly.

The mystery was getting deeper and deeper. But how deep in the darkness will Scott go to find the truth.