15

The ball was tradition. As was the clothing you would have to wear. Though, this one would be different. You were the first female soldier of the army, let alone the first female general of the army. It was tradition for the soldiers to wear their formal uniform but you didn't have one, meaning you would have to make one. Or get one made. However, getting a dress made was far too much effort so you preferred making it yourself.

Due to being general and royalty, you would have to wear two outfits during the ball. For the first half, you would have to wear your general wear then for the second half of the ball you would have to wear something regal, which just made your job of finding appropriate clothing for the ball even harder.

Making the formal general wear wouldn't be too difficult. You ended up picking a formal yet simultaneously stylish outfit that you has sent to the textilists who would, in their words, 'bedazzle' it and make it so you would be the disco ball of the gala.

The difficult part would be making your actual ball gown. That you would definitely need help with. However, you had no knowledge of anyone who could possibly help you make a god damn dress part from one man. A man who just happened to live in the overworld in his small little cottage.

You sighed to yourself as you packed your bag, preparing for yet another trip to visit your Northern friend. On this trip, you packed much more than you did last time. This time you had much more weapons, just in case (you didn't know where the Wither Skeletons were at this time), all your plans for possible dress ideas and the soldier's formal uniform that you would be altering to fit you well.

Now, Phil wasn't great at textiles but he was far better than you and had a good eye for colour coordination and whatnot so hopefully, he could help. If he couldn't then at least you could see him one last time before the war. You didn't know if you would ever be coming back.

Phil's house was around a sixteen-hour journey but a journey you wouldn't mind taking. You really didn't want to bother Phil but you also didn't want to show up to your possibly last ball wearing an old ballgown from three years ago. Plus, Phil always said you were free to come over at any time.

With a full bag, a mind full of panic and weapons a-plenty, you left the fortress ready for your journey.

However, you seem to of forgotten to leave a letter explaining of your whereabouts. Unfortunately, you didn't remember this until after you'd arrived in the overworld.

(A/n:
Very sorry for not updating this in almost a month omg. I've had exams at school and all so I've been busy with those! I also started rewatching all the marvel movies and fell out of the dream SMP for a bit but I'm back and almost better than ever.

Sorry for the delay, and I swear the next chapter will be much longer. I had to get something out. I felt too bad)