s c a r a m o u c h e ◇

"shut up." scaramouche suddenly snapped, making me flinch. i stared at him in confusion.
"wha-?" i couldn't make eye contact with him, since his eyes were closed, however i could still feel his gaze piercing into my skin even if it wasn't visible.
"you were thinking about waking me up. i don't want to."

i chuckled quietly at his remark and lay back down in our shared bed. i patted the pillow behind me, then took a deep sigh.
"...please?" scara suddenly mumbled again. trying not to laugh, i glanced at him. eyes still closed, laying against the mattress. if he wasn't speaking, anyone would have thought he was fast asleep.

"please what?"

"dumbass."

scaramouche grabbed my arm lightly and pulled me towards him. he held my back and i lay the side of my head against his chest.
"heh, you can say full sentences, you know..." i smirked and closed my eyes. scaramouche simply sighed and started to stroke my hair, getting a smile from me in return.

"scara, we have work to do today. it's not the weekend yet, love."

"no."

"eh? why not?"

"i want to stay like this a little longer. i'm a boss to the fatui, they won't give me trouble for sleeping in with my lover."
the last part of what he said gave me butterflies - it was rare for scaramouche to say things like that out loud.

"mkay..." i yawned and pulled the duvet over us.

later on, we were about to fall back asleep, before i decided to be annoying to him.

"it's still cold."

"..."

"gosh, you're so needy!" scaramouche jokingly whispered in my ear, causing me to let out a laugh.
he pulled me even closer to his chest and lay his chin on the top of my head. in addition to this, he planted a kiss on the top of my head. at this point i'd pretty much already fallen asleep.

"pft... i love you, idiot." he smiled.