Love is at Home

Past- Black Bull's Base before Timeskip
Sidestory- Reasons to love (M/N)
(M/N)'s Qualities

"Oi Ghost maid, where's my shirt?" Yami asked walking bare-shirt into the kitchen.

"Drying? On the clothesline? I thought I folded the dry ones and put them into your closet?" (M/N) hummed while keeping his gaze to the pot cooking.

"Oh." Yami said, lighting a cigarette.

"Oh, indeed captain."  (M/N) laughed softly.

"Don't you dare sass me, ghost maid." Yami scowled.

"Sorry." (M/N) offered a gentle smile.

Luck watched with a smile from the couch while Magna rolled his eyes. They had a feeling either Yami was getting too comfortable having a free maid in the house. They were no better. Charmy was the spoilt brat who would hide behind (M/N) if something happened and Vanessa was the needy drunk one. They should feel bad for making him work constantly in the base, well it was more so they were too chaotic to keep themselves going.

It was on a day when (M/N) visited the Heart Kingdom, when (M/N) was visiting Lolopechka, that he was asked such a question by Gadjah while (M/N) was patting the princess's back and putting her to sleep.

"Are you a housewife?" Gadjah asked.

"What makes you say that?" (M/N) asked curiously.

"You're such a diligent worker for your team. You cook, clean and sort out their lives for them."

"I like being with children is all. I want to make sure they all have good lives, everyone deserves someone to lean on."

Gadjah gained so much respect for (M/N) and some adoration in that moment. The next instance of (M/N) getting recognised for his wifey morals was with William when they were sitting alone in the garden of his base. A picnic just between the two which was supposed to be a date but (M/N) wasn't aware of that. The abundance of delicious food became very clear which William ate. Away from peering eyes.

"You're quite...sweet." William complimented.

"Thank you, you're very sweet too." (M/N) returned the compliment.

"Can I ask something about you? Have you chosen a suitor yet or are you not planning on settling just yet. Nobles tend to be have suitors chosen and the idea usually comes around my age for suitors." William asked

"Ah no, I'm too inexperienced with that! I've never done the... you know... lovers thing." (M/N) moved away from the topic.

"I see. Well, I'm... always here if you want a partner. You're such a lovely househusband I'd imagine." William said softly, turning red.

(M/N) had to politely reject William from all the embarrassment he got. He thought the captain was joking. If only he knew it was true. It continues on with Zora who was being lightly scolded by (M/N) for picking fights.

"You're such a wife, it's annoying."

"Well, this wife is telling you to keep your mouth quiet please right now, I'm supposed to be scolding you. Second, I'm not your wife." (M/N) retaliated.

Zora looked away after huffing, his skin felt hot. He would regret pushing the subject further but he still wanted to. He hated this, the times where he could no longer poke fun at (M/N). He's just too nice, most of the time. He guess he could cherish this moment though. That small smile was just a bit too nice.