Chapter 39 : Worry

"Now this is some interesting content

"Now this is some interesting content." Ranboo exclaimed through bites as he stared down at his phone with raised eyebrows. " "Are NightmareNyx and BoomerNa dating?" "

That seemed to instantly grab everyone's attention, the room full of teenagers looking towards him. Ray was obviously the most shocked- nearly standing up in surprise.

"What?" She half-yelled.

"Ooo wait, there's pictures- OOOOOOO." The way he dragged out the sound now forced some of the others on their feet, crowding around his phone and also getting surprised.

"RAY?!!??! CARE TO E X P L A I N?" Astelic was of course being dramatic, snatching the phone from Ranboo's grasp and and shoving it towards Ray.

The pictures were of herself and BoomerNa hugging when they met at the convention. Ray hadn't even noticed that their meetup was being captured. Great.

"Guys, there's nothing going on and you know that." Ray rolled her eye. "Besides, I would've told y'all if anything-"

"Wait, wait, wait, there's more!" Ranboo interrupted her, having retrieved his phone from Astelic and having scrolled to the comments. " "NightmareNyx, BoomerNa and TommyInnit love triangle?! Is this a fanfiction?" Oo- there's pictures on this one as well!"

Ray's jaw literally dropped as she watch all of them freaking out by something she wasn't seeing.

Tommy finally looked up after intensely scrolling through his contacts, pretending he was actually doing something.

"What's this got to do with me?" He asked, voice raising a little more than usual.

Ray couldn't understand what anyone was trying to explain to her because of the chaos, therefore just took out her phone and searched for the series of tweets herself. And what she found completely terrified her.

"AWWWW THESE PICS ARE SO CUTE!" Astelic ran over to her, shoving her own phone with the tweet open on it into Ray's face.

The moment where Tommy had caught her fall and they were staring into each others eyes had apparently been captured as well, and now thousands of people were discussing whether Ray was dating Tommy or BoomerNa.

"There's ship accounts!" Alex declared, creating yet another storm as everyone ran over towards his phone instead.

Ray looked up, and looked ahead, where Tommy sat. He looked equally as confused and annoyed as her, and once their eyes met it felt like they both let out a simultaneous "ugh". 

Just then Ray felt her phone begin to vibrate, and once she looked down to check it, her face dropped upon recognizing the phone number. She glanced up- eyes nervously darting around the room before she got up and snuck out the hotel door among the chaos.

It felt like the lump in her throat grew with each step she took. The vibrating phone in her hand weighed more and more as she stood in the elevator waiting. Her heart beat loudly in her chest as she walked out of the hotel and was engulfed by the fresh chilly air.