30.

"020 get out of there!!"

Adrenaline pumping through everyone in the area. Panic, fear, a need for escape - all the emotions were overwhelming. After a sudden ambush in the van to their destination, Wayv and U were sent in as backup for the unit Dream.

"I can't!" Their failed escape from the crushed van left them in complete pain. It was rolled over and absolutely crushed. If they weren't quick, the van was going to explode in any moment.

"017 and 021 are down!" Chenle threw the seatbelt off his body with his uninjured arm. In absolute pain and agony, he wriggled out his seat and turned his head to the fainted two.

"020 leave them and get out."
"They'll die if I do that!"
"Just get out!!"

Chenle tore his earpiece from his ear and stuffed it inside his pocket. All the members were split at this point. He had no clue where everyone was but he knew they were no where near Cross District.

Cross District, the place with the most criminal records. Every street was filled with complete mischief. It was the place were most gangs came together for meetings. Or where gangs went to get rid of others to become a higher rank. For NCT however, they were getting rid of the bad for good.

Chenle crawled to the back of the van. He groaned in pain, gripping onto his abdomen that had shards of window glass pierced. "H-hyung.." He whispered weakly.

He brought his hand up to Jeno's arm and held it gently. Without much energy left in his body, he curled close to Jeno and laid down beside him.

"We were close..right..?" He was giving up. Chenle was giving up everything he fought for and closed his eyes.

And so it all went black...

. . .

The three mafia boys laid unconscious beside the lit van on the road. Glass shards and broken car pieces scattered everywhere on the ground.

An empty road with nothing but a fiery van and three (almost) lifeless boys. Not another life seen on that road...so how?

. . .

Four boys came running towards their lying bodies and crouched down beside them. "013 get rid of the fire!" Xiaojun nodded his head and ran towards the van with Shotaro beside him. While they were getting rid of the large fire, Kun kneeled beside them and checked their pulse.

He was in disbelief. They were still alive with a pulse. But how? No burns on their body, a minimal amount of injuries. He was the last person Chenle spoke to and there was no way that Chenle had the strength to pull them all out.

"How are they? Are they okay?"
"They're alive and that's what matters." Sungchan nodded his head and looked at the three.

"Isn't it strange how they're lying in a very.."
"Organised way..as if someone else put all three of them down. That's what I'm confused about too. For now, you go look for the other dreamies that got sent down the wrong track, I'll bring them to the other van."

. . .

"Hyung..can't you..wait..?" Donghyuck dropped to his knees and hung his head low. The two vans went in different directions to attack both ends of their enemy. But they didn't expect that both vans would be ambushed.

With they van on fire meters away, the four members were making their escape to the safest place nearby.

"We have to go or we'll be killed." Mark looked back at the other three. Of course he understood that they were all in pain and injured. But they had to go now before more casualties occurred.

Renjun had already fainted while Donghyuck was on the verge of losing conscious. On the other hand, Mark still had some strength in him to push forward while Jaemin was on the brink of death.

"We need Kun hyung..he should be..close.." Jaemin mumbled quietly against Mark's back.
"No we have to keep g-" Mark froze in his spot and shut his mouth.

There was a faint rustling sound from towards the road. Mark turned around and saw a figure standing at the van. He wasn't sure if he was blind or if they were taking out the fire.

"017 take care of Jaemin and Renjun, I'll be right back." Mark gently placed Jaemin down and leaned him against a tree trunk for support.

Mark, with all the strength he had left, began running towards the unknown figure and the van. Running as fast as he could, Mark jumped over any random branch or rock lying around on the ground.

Was he in severe pain? Yes, yes he was. But he had to find out who it was trying to help them.

With all his might, he tackled the unknown person to the ground and hovered above them.

The moment Mark looked into their eyes, no thoughts processed in his head any longer. Almost like time stopped for a moment, he couldn't see or hear anything else.

Those eyes were simply too recognisable, he could never forget them. Was he stupid or was he staring into the eyes of an old friend?

No...there was no possible way.

Words could not properly describe the shock that was sent through his body. His hands shaking and lips trembling.

He couldn't tell if what he was feeling was pure shock or if there was a mix of fear in there too.

"Hwayoung..?" His voice was quiet with barely any thoughts processing in his head.

No..it couldn't be...

She died...she died a long time ago. Surely it wasn't her. Maybe Mark was still so hung up about her death to the point he manipulated himself to think it was her.

But their eyes were just too similar. Round, double eyelids and dark brown..surely it wasn't a hallucination.

"Mark hyung!" A familiar voice called. Just as Mark turned his head to the other, the unknown person pushed Mark off.

"Hw-" But they ran. They ran fast and far away from where Mark sat on the road.

Maybe he wasn't just hallucinating.

👹👹
we love that