sixty seven

"So I guess we should talk about the elephant in the room."

"There's no elephant, unless you're calling me fat. Are you calling me fat?"

"You know Tommy in all these years you still can't take anything seriously." She sounded angry but one look at her and you could tell she wasn't.

"I seriously missed you."

"We covered that." Her cheeks tinted pink as she looked down at her coffee.

"Well your boyfriend seems nice." He motioned to the guy happily helping another customer.

"My-" she looked behind her, "Theo?" She laughed lightly, "Tommy he's gay."

"Oh, sorry."

"And I'm still hung up on this one guy."

"Oh?" Please don't be getting my hope up. Please don't get my hopes up.

"He's kind of stupid, but he's quite cute so it makes up for it."

"What happened to him?"

"It just didn't work out."

"And now?"

"Now what?"

"Will you two get back together."

She let out a long sigh, "It's not that easy." She played with her cup she had barely drank out of. "Tommy, I got offered a permanent job."

"Where?" Please be London. Please be London.

"Dublin, Ireland." He's quiet for a moment so she continues, "it's in pediatrics, which I would love to do. It's much less hours, but they really need me, so they're paying me a lot. I'm taking it Tommy." He nods slowly, taking it in.

"Ireland is nice." He says slowly and she sighs.

"This is-"

"Good."

"Good?"

"Rose. I want to-" Don't be a pussy "I want to marry you." Her jaw dropped. "I know it's been years. I'm terrified. I've wanted to marry you for- for so long you don't understand and this is scary and I know we can't just, get married, even though the vlog would get so many views- sorry. I want us to work. I'm not in college anymore and my content has slowed to a good pace. And if you have a job in Ireland, it's not very far and- and you have less hours. Rose we can do it! We can work." He beamed, his smiled brighter than it had been in years. She smiled sadly.

"And what if we don't?"

"How- how will we know if we don't try? We can't just not try."

"Tommy it took so long to be okay without you." Her eyes glossed over.

"I've never been okay without you Rose."

"But- but what if-"

"Rose we have to stop asking what if's, the only questions are if you love me as much as I love you and if you want to try." He stared into her eyes, pleading. Please.

"I do."

He sighed and leaned back with a grin. "Pog."

She rolled her eyes and leaned over to see what he was working on. "Are you editing?"

"Yeah I'm behind-"

"You're not supposed to spend so many hours staring at a screen! After a concussion as bad as the one you had, you can't be on screens for a week and then even then not for longer than 20 minutes!" She shut his laptop abruptly.

"How'd you- you were at the hospital?"

"I-" her cheeks burned pink, "I was. You weren't hallucinating."

"And you- you didn't stay? You wouldn't talk to me? Nothing?"

"Tommy, I was surprised and it was so sudden and it scared me to think about being in a relationship again and you weren't even in your right mind!"

"I'm gonna kill Tubbo, you saw him didn't you." She nodded silently. "And you talked to him?" Another silent nod. "I'm gonna kill him!" He pulled out his phone but she snatched it from him.

"You're not supposed to be on screens remember."

"I'll call him then-"

"Later. Look, I didn't mean any harm, I was just scared and Tubbo understood that I wasn't ready."

"Pussy."

"That's exactly what Max said." She sighed.

"Max? How's the big man?" He began to glow.

"He's good, still watches your videos religiously, he's 13 now."

"Shit."

"Yeah, he's the reason I didn't just walk out when I saw you. I'm not a pussy."

"Yeah but you are, you're a pussy and then you get over it."

"I hate you."