Chapter 18

*****Dom's Pov*****

"I hate that you're acting like you didn't betray me and how nonchalant you're being is pissing me off even more!!"
My eyes are watery and my veins in my neck have popped.

"You had no right keeping this away from me, if you think I'm going to obey anything you expect me to do where the family is concerned, you've ruined any chance of that happening."

I storm out not giving my father a chance to explain himself further. As I storm out Logan catches up to me and pats my shoulder to try and get me to stop but it doesn't work so instead he's forced to keep up with me.

"Where are you off to in such a rush?" He asks in a pleasant enough tone that sets me off, why are all these people calm? As if lying just came this natural. I'm sure his mother told him.

Why wouldn't she, he's her son and one of Mia's childhood friends.

Does that mean he has kept it from me too, I feel a punch to my gut, the hurt I feel of everyone around me keeping my child away from me. I instantly grab Logan's neck and shove him against the wall without giving it another thought, I can feel him struggling under my hand but he doesn't try fighting me off, "Did you know Mia had my baby ?!!" I raise my voice , still keeping it stern and filled with a rage that can't seem to leave me.

"N—o" he says choked up, I finally release my grip just before he can lose consciousness. "You're telling me your mom never once told you ?" I question Him. "No Dominic" he gasps for air trying to fill his lungs and remain calm, "Unlike you my mother knows where my loyalty lies and that's with you. It's only you questioning me on that." He pauses for a second, holding on his throat.
"She probably felt she couldn't trust me enough with that information."

"Why would you be more loyal to me ?" I ask trying to believe his word, that he had no idea and he was truthful with me right now.

"Because it's my job Dominic, aside from being your best friend , my obligation to this family is being loyal to you and Being someone you can count here, the only person here who doesn't follow their role in this family is you !!! You're a selfish prick! And I honestly can't blame Mia for skipping town considering the man I see before me, is not the man I wanna serve beside."
He walks away from me , clearly disappointed and hurt not only by the fact I had no trust in my people but the fact that I wasn't having their backs as they've had mine.

I have to sort my head out and start getting my life in order I can't keep spiralling and hurting everyone around me. It's not healthy and I know this but in a way I can't help it.

I head to my car and drive to the landing strip we keep our private planes and jets incase of emergencies or travel purposes. It's just a more economical way to fly. Especially since we never usually fly alone but in groups or with our families , so it's become a necessity to have. Especially having to make allies all over the world.

I head to the plane who seems to have a captain reading and air-hostess, I ask the woman setting up where they're headed to and she informs me that they've been idling for Mateo to go on a business trip to LA, but he's running later than scheduled, which convenient if you ask me . I get on and convince them I'll be taking Mateo's place.
There after we head down the run way for take off.

Mateo can fight with me about it when I get back with my family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*****Tony's Pov*****

Dominic thinks I don't care but I've just had time to make peace, it's not because I didn't like Mia that I kept them apart. It was because of how I knew Ariel would react, not to mention my right hand man, who should have my back, if they wanted to they could sabotage us, Mia is like a child to them. I couldn't risk that and well... Dominic isn't or wasn't the type to commit to one, he hasn't ever dated someone, been a boyfriend, and that runs a risk of him hurting her and I just couldn't take that chance. Not with us being at war with the Irish mob and at a vulnerable state where we can lose so many soldiers lives and money. I couldn't have more enemies on the inside, than the mole we still haven't caught.