Chapter 100 - The 100th

Lena, Alura and Alex have now arrived at the DEO, after leaving Lena's penthouse. Throughout the whole car ride over Lena has just been very anxious about everything. Lena has been wondering how she will react to seeing Kara, and how Kara will react to seeing her. Then at the same time, Lena has been worrying about how Kara's reaction, negative or positive, will affect both her and Alura. Lena knows that she has already told Alura to not take it personally if Kara doesn't remember her, but she also knows that Alura will still be heartbroken over it, none the less. Frankly, Lena knows that if Kara doesn't remember her when she sees her, then she will be equally heartbroken too. So how can she possibly expect a 5-year-old to do something that she won't be able to do either?

"Alura, I think you should wait out here for a few minutes, before you go in and see mommy. I want to speak to her alone first." Lena says to her daughter.

"But I want to see mommy now." Alura moans.

"I know you do, darling, and you will." Lena replies, "Just let me speak with mommy for a few minutes alone first, before I call you in."

Alura looks at Lena cautiously, clearly deciding whether she will accept having to wait to see her mommy. Honestly Lena only wants to make Alura wait because she wants to talk to Kara first, and if she doesn't remember them, she wants to at least tell Kara not to act too much like she doesn't know who Alura is.

"I'll wait out here with you, Alura." Alex says, speaking up.

Alura looks up at her aunt Alex, who is smiling down at the young girl.

"O...kay." Alura replies.

"Good." Alex smiles back.

"Okay then." Lena smiles, and then crouches down to Alura's hight, "I'll call you to come in, in a few minutes."

"Okay momma." Alura nods.

Lena then takes Alura in for a brief hug, before then placing a kiss on the five-year-old's cheek. After Lena does that, she stands up again and makes her way into the medical bay.

Once Lena enters the medical bay, she sees that J'onn and Winn are still standing over Kara's bedside, on either side of her. Kara is laying on the bed, still unconscious. Lena had thought that maybe Kara would be awake by now, from the drugs that Alex gave her to sedate her, but clearly not. J'onn and Winn both look in Lena's direction as they hear the Luthor enter the room.

"Lena." J'onn says, standing up and approaching the brunette, with a warm smile on his face.

"Hi... J'onn." Lena nods, "How is she?"

"She has been out ever since Alex sedated her almost an hour ago." J'onn explains.

"Right." Lena nods, cautiously taking a step to move closer to Kara.

"Did you bring Alura here with you?" Winn asks.

"Hmm." Lena replies, nodding her head, continuing to move closer to her girlfriend, "I just told her to wait outside with Alex for a few minutes. I thought that Kara might be awake, and I just wanted to tell her to not act too much like she doesn't know who Alura is, because I know that would very much hurt Alura."

"Oh.... yeah....." Winn nods, realising how much that could affect Alura too.

Lena is now right next to Kara's bedside; she scans her eyes over Kara's entire still body. Lena honestly never thought she would see Kara again, at least not like this. At times over the last few weeks, Lena thought that the next time she would see Kara would be when she sees her dead body. So, Lena is overjoyed to actually see Kara alive, in person. But Lena can't feel that joy, simply because she is terrified about what Kara's memory issues may mean. Lena knows that if Lex did have Kara, then the Kryptonian's memory issues are something that Lex did to Kara on purpose. As Lena knows there is no way that Lex randomly let Kara go, after two weeks, and she just so happened to come back with memory issues. So, Lena is scared as to what plan Lex has put in motion here.