Chapter 23 - The Spurn

2 more days until experimentation...

    9:05 in the morning. Still no word from Blythe, Ki is still angry, and (Y/N) is exhausted.

    She entered the cell with a coffee in her hand and eye bags hidden under concealer. She couldn't get any sleep at all last night no matter how hard she tried. Eventually, around 4 am, she decided to give up and do something to pass the time, like watching some videos on her phone, scrolling through social media, overthinking where her friend could possibly be and if she was alright. (Y/N) sure didn't spend that time wisely at all. When she did finally get some sleep, not an hour later, her alarm went off.

    Her sleep schedule was terrible and she needed to fix it.

    The door to the cell shut and the Keeper looked around for her demons. She spotted Akai laid out on her desk with a fireball in his hands that he tossed up and down. He must be bored. Ki, however, was nowhere in sight. She looked over at the darker side of the cell and could faintly see a figure in the farthest corner, that must be him. Usually, he comes out once she arrives but that didn't seem like the case now.

    Sighing, she approached her desk and noticed that the blond had tossed all of her things onto the floor so he can lay down comfortably. 'The amount of times this has happened...'

    She placed her bag onto his stomach then plopped into her chair tiredly while taking off her lab coat. Akai looked at her and saw how disorganized she looked. The top of her (f/c) blouse wasn't buttoned while the bottom wasn't tucked into her pencil skirt, her (h/c) was a mess, her (e/c) eyes looked like she was about to fall asleep, and she didn't even greet him like she always does. How inconsiderate.

    He looked her up and down before going back to his fireball. "You look like shit."

    She glared at him. "Rude." Stretching, she scooted the chair closer to the desk and leaned forward to lay her head down in her arms. Her desk wasn't the comfiest but it'll have to do. "I didn't get any sleep last night."

"Why?" Akai tossed the fireball close to the nearest camera and it landed a few inches away.

    She shrugged. "I have a lot on my mind right now... I don't know where my friend is, Ki seems like he's still in a mood from yesterday... I need a break." Luckily tomorrow is the weekend so she'll have all the time to get her sleeping schedule in check and probably look more into where Blythe was. Maybe she'll go see if Angel found out anything with the doctors.

    Akai peaked over at the dark side of the cell, his view being upside down. Ki hasn't come out for even a second all throughout the night. Akai could tell he was pissed off about that Angel guy making (Y/N) blushed, this is the most he's seen of his silent cellmate being mad over something. It was enjoyable to watch at first but now it's just ridiculous at this point. Akai was bored! He needed someone to mess with.

    Good thing his Keeper finally arrived. He turned to his side facing her and started hovering another fireball above her head. She didn't even notice.

    (Y/N) peaked from her arms at the dark area of the cell and to where Ki most likely was. "What did I do...?" She mumbled to herself.

"Hm?" Akai heard, making the fireball do circles close to her hair.

"What did I do to make Ki so angry? Ever since yesterday with Angel, Ki's never stepped foot from his side of the cell and it's really bothering me. Why's he so angry?"

"Ki is being Ki I guess. If I told you the real reason, he'll probably kill me or something." He shrugged, sounding nonchalant.

    Her eyes widened and she quickly sat up to look at him. He yanked the fireball away before she could go headfirst into flames while looking at her crazy.