sixteen

Rafe woke up only a few hours later, drenched in sweat

Rafe woke up only a few hours later, drenched in sweat. He couldn't sleep any longer. The antibiotics were making him all fuzzy and he hated it.

He wanted his bike back. He couldn't believe that fucking Barry had stolen it. Over drug debt? As if. I mean, he had offered it as collateral, but he didn't think he'd actually take it.

But what the fuck was he going to do?

Iris would pay it for him if he asked, but he couldn't let her do that again.

So the only other option was to break into his dads safe.

Getting up from his bed, he quickly left his room and hesitated in the hallway, "Dad?"

Silence.

He tiptoed into his dads office, walking over to the desk and opening the top drawer. On the notepad was the safe combination.

43300.

He walked over to the painting and grabbed the latch, revealing the safe hidden behind it. Typing in the code, the safe beeped, incorrect.

"Four, three, three, zero, zero." Rafe huffed as he typed in the code, and it turned green, allowing him to open it only to reveal wads of cash and tons of jewelry and watches.

Grabbing one of the watches, he shut the safe and shut the hidden door behind the painting only to see his father, staring at him with a blank look.

Ward glanced down at the watch in his hand, "Checking the time?"

The next few minutes consisted of Rafe explaining what he was doing. That meant telling his dad about Barry and the drugs. Not exactly what he wanted to do.

Ward wasn't surprised. He had heard the rumours. Everyone knew Rafe had some sort of drug issues. But the fact that he actually had to get involved? That made him fucking frustrated. His 19 year old son couldn't get his fucking shit together. Or take care of himself in the slightest.

So, that evening, Ward decided to take a trip to the Cut with Rafe, in order to pay his fucking drug debt. As if he let Iris pay it before. As if.

"Stay in the car." Ward said as he grabbed the cash and exited the vehicle.

Rafe hesitated but stayed in the passenger seat until his dad was out of view, then he followed.

"You Barry?" Ward asked, walking up to the guy sitting by the fire.

"Yeah, who the hell are you?"

"My son owes you money."

"Who's your son?"

"Rafe. My son Rafe owes you money."

Barry chuckled, "So, uh, you must be the other babysitter, huh? What, Iris, uh didn't want to take care of him no more?"