35 | Joie

"We gotta talk," Came out my mouth as soon as the door of the blue diesel opened

"We gotta talk," Came out my mouth as soon as the door of the blue diesel opened. I stood outside with my arms crossed at the truck stop I found Joel. The sight of me makes him let his head fall and heavy sigh come out of his mouth. Joel hopped out without a word, closing the door, and walking away. I followed him quickly. "Joel!"

"No," he said.

"No?"

"No, to this conversation." Joel said dryly.

"Joel this is serious," I got in front of him, blocking his path. "I have been calling and texting you nonstop about this shit. Aqua is trying to take Gunner and Misty from me. I need you to be a witness for me. Let them know they're better with me—Why are you shaking your head?"

"Because the answer's no," he responded. "I'm not getting in the middle of you and Aqua's pissing match. I told her no and the same goes for you. Now, if you don't mind, I have to get some gas and food."

"But they are better with me and you know it," I followed him and he groaned loudly as we entered the store. "Aqua can't fucking raise them. If I don't have your support Joel, they will take them from me because biologically I'm not kin to them. Aqua shares blood. Do you understand that? If you tell the courts that I'm the best option—"

"What'd I say, Joie?" Joel approached the hot food, "I'm not doing it. Let it go."

"Let it go?" I repeated and scoffed, "I'm not you or Tanika. I don't let shit go when it involves what's important to me. Gunner and Misty are important to me. I don't ever ask you for shit—"

"You're asking now," Joel interrupted as he dressed his hot dogs.

"Because it's fucking important," I forced Joel to stare at me with a snatch of his shoulder. "Can't you tell? I'm coming here practically begging you for this. I'm the best option for them, and have been for the longest."

"Aqua has raised them just as much as you."

"No. Aqua has left them alone and Misty was molested while you were fucking high!" I whispered harshly as I stepped in his face, "And whose to say that's the first damn time it's happened? How about I reveal to the courts that information?"

Joel smirked. "Do it," he shrugged, "You're no snitch Jojo."

He's right. "God!" I groaned, "Can't you just be a father for once and do what's right for your kids?"