Chapter 25 - The Pain

Art by olsjon on Turbosquid.
————————————————————

"You will... give it... WHAT IT WANTS!"

    (E/c) eyes shot open as heavy breathing soon followed. The terrified Keeper quickly sat up and looked around the room for... a certain someone. Her nerves started to calm when she recognized her room and that she was alone. Her hands felt the (f/c) sheets underneath her and her body relaxed as her heavy breathing slowed as well. "What happened...?"

    It must've been a dream- no, a nightmare. Her fingers massaged her temples as the image of a horrific Blythe standing in front of her caused her to shiver. 'It was just a nightmare (Y/N). Just a nightmare...'

    Getting out of bed, she trudged her way over to her bathroom to take a much needed shower. When she looked down at herself, she gasped when the same outfit she wore in the 'nightmare' was on her body.

    Was it a nightmare?

    After she showered, fixed her hair, and contemplated the whole situation, she sat on her bed with her head in her arms, exhausted. She was physically and mentally drained that she didn't have the energy to leave her room. Maybe today will be a sleep day for her. She'll order some breakfast, watch a movie probably, and just pass out on her bed until she is recharged. That sounded like a plan.

*knock knock* "Ms. (L/N)? Are you in there?"

    The Keeper lifted her head at the visitor behind her door. Wasn't it too early? "Yes..." She pulled herself up and stumbled towards the door after getting up too fast. She hated being lightheaded. The door slid open and she was met with a new face.

    It was a woman who wore a similar uniform to hers except it was modified differently. The inner parts of the coat were black while (Y/N)'s was all white. The woman also had a gold chain hanging from the chest pocket while her collar was more longer. The ends of her coat had some black trimming, the same as the ends of her sleeves. And lastly, a big patch on the back with the Castor Labs logo in a shiny gold tint. (Y/N)'s never seen this kind of uniform before.

    The woman placed a hand on the girl's forehead which made the Keeper confused. "Um... Can I help you?"

"I heard you had some sort of panic attack early last night. I'm just making sure one of my Keepers are in good shape." She smiled but her voice held authority. She had caramel skin, hazel eyes, and long curly black hair that was pulled back into a low braid. If she wears a similar coat to (Y/N)'s, how come she's never seen her around?

"My name is Brenda Sharp but you can address me as Brenda if you'd like. I am the Head Keeper of Castor Labs."

'HEAD KEEPER?!' (Y/N)'s eyes widened at her newly met boss. Is this the Brenda that her friend hated so much?! The niece of Mr. Fidero?! That's why her uniform is more modified and similar to hers, she's literally in charge of every Keeper. Why does she have to meet her boss while looking like a total mess?!

    The Keeper shyly rubbed her neck as she glanced at her old pajamas. "I-It's very nice to meet you! I'm sorry about the mess."

"Nonsense. I've seen worst rooms." Brenda reached into her satchel and pulled out a keycard from a protected pocket. "I'm actually here for another reason too." She handed the keycard to (Y/N) and the Keeper examined it.

"As you know, we have been watching your demons closely for a specific reason. They are exhibiting special traits that my team would like to study further and it seems that these traits are in correlation with you. We would like you to come to the Scientists' laboratory so we can ask further questions about your demons. Hopefully, we can get some insight on these traits."