Chapter Forty-Three: Small Talk

While they waited for the food to arrive, they had a bit of small talk. Topics about designing, their past, how they got together and more. They learned a lot about things that they didn't know before.

"We didn't know you did back then, Gabriel." Andre laughed.

"I'm not much of a singer, but I liked to sing back in my school days. But I do know Nathalie has a beautiful voice. Don't think I don't hear you in the shower!" he chuckled.

"Do you really have to bring this up here?" she huffed back at him.

"Why not? Let's just all have a fun time."

"Then you don't mind if I tell them that I saw you dancing while changing in your room?"

"Hey! No one's too old to have some fun!"

"Just wanted to tell you." She laughed for a moment, then went silent and got up, leaving the room fairly quickly.

"I got this!" Marinette exclaimed, jumping up and following after her.

Nathalie ran to their bathroom for the second time this day. Isn't this just wonderful? You have the worst timing, kid. She continued to throw up as she heard the door open. Someone knelt beside her and pulled her hair away from her face.

"You really don't have to do this, Marinette, but thanks."

"Of course I have to! It's my job to help people! Hypothetically and literally!"

Nathalie giggled and smiled at her.

"Though I seriously hope I don't get sick this much when I have kids!"

"It's possible, but unlikely. I can guess this is just from my age and how many times I used a broken miraculous."

"Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about that." she sheepishly replied.

"You don't need to worry about it." Nathalie weakly replied. "I.."

Marinette's eyes widened as she saw Nathalie start falling to the floor. "Tikki, spots on!" She quickly caught her and set her gently against the wall. "Nathalie?! Nathalie, answer me!!" No response. "Spots off! I need to get Gabriel now!" She ran out of the bathroom, into the hall, and down the stairs. When she got to the dining room, she tripped and landed on her face.

"Marinette! Are you alright??" Adrien ran up to help her up.

"Nathalie.. Bathroom.. Gabriel.. Help.." she managed to get out, before passing out herself.

Adrien turned towards Gabriel. "I think something happened to mom!"

"What??" Gabriel exclaimed, standing up immediately.

"I don't know exactly. Mari just had another seizure. Go see what's going on while I help my girlfriend!"

Gabriel rushed up the stairs and to their room. Once he got there, he saw Nathalie laying against the wall, completely unconscious. He shook her shoulder but didn't get a response. He tried again, and heard a soft grunt from her.

"Nathalie?? Wake up!" She slowly opened her eyes to an extremely worried Gabriel. "Are you okay?? Does anything hurt? Tell me please."

"Help me stand up first, please. I think I'm okay. Just a dizzy spell I believe."

He helped her to her feet and pulled her close. "If you say so. Do you feel well enough to go back down?"

"I think so. I'd prefer to change my clothes though. You should too." She giggled as he noticed both of them were covered in vomit. He joined in the laughter not long after.