Ch 36

Then I heard Reyhas' low voice,

"The emergency meeting of the high-ranking priests has ended."

I didn't know what to think of my... no, the gods' masterpiece, so I purposely just turned my gaze and opened my mouth,

"It looks like a lightning strike."

"All high-ranking priests agreed that this was no natural phenomenon."

"......"

"Near the annex, a lightning strike and a severe earthquake occurred, meteorite fragments fell, the water supply burst into a sea of water, and the rebars suddenly corroded."

I guess the reason the gods held a serious meeting last night was to share their ideas on how they would smash the annex.

"Moreover, the Holy Sphere and several relics were buried and are now lost in the rubble. We don't know how long it would take to pull them out and restore them."

"...How can it be that way if it's not a natural phenomenon?"

I asked him calmly, feigning a nonchalant face.

In other words, it was more natural for me to avoid suspicion regarding the completely destroyed building than suspicion regarding the destruction of the Holy Sphere.

"The majority of opinions believe it is the work of a high-ranking wizard."

My eyes widened as I heard his unexpected response.

"A high-ranking wizard... you say?"

I knew it was a worldview where magic existed, but I didn't really pay much attention to it because there was no wizard male lead.

"Perhaps it was a 9-class wizard, to be able to destroy a building of this size in such a variety of ways."

He stared coldly at the collapsed building.

"However, there are no 9-class wizards in this empire, and there is much ambiguity."

His words made my hands twitch, and I became nervous.

"I'll have to request a favor from Baron Vester."

His piercing eyes were fixed on the wreckage.

"I'm curious as to who dared to do this."

My mind went berserk the moment I heard the word Vester.

Diego Vester.

For a brief moment, I forgot about him, the most vexing hidden villain in the original story.

His true identity, as the greatest wizard in the empire who received the baron title for his achievements, was that he was one of the wizards who ruled the Demon Realm.

Ariel was so envious of Camilla in the original story that she signed a soul contract with Diego Vester.

Diego, bound by the contract, attempted to harm Camilla, but her sacred power protected her, and the three male leads were able to save her.

In the original story, he was the only 'demon' who appeared.

So Diego was... the only person I should never meet in order to not to follow the original story.

"I disagree with that opinion."

I frowned and spoke to Reyhas.

Reyhas was taken aback by my remark, as I had not previously expressed an opinion about temple matters.

"Imagine how ridiculous people would think of the temple if you made a request to the wizards about what happened in the temple."

99.9% of the empire's population believe in God. As a result, the temple's standing was undeniably high.