Chapter XX: Black Ring

Damon drove for a bit, taking us to a place called Whitmore College.

"A College?" Elijah questioned. I looked at the building as we pulled up. Young humans walking around, not thinking about anything other than attending their classes and maybe food.

"You'd never guess, right?" Damon remarked, sending Elijah a quick raise of the eyebrows. Parking, I got out of the car quickly, looking at the building we had parked in front of. Elijah sped to stand in front of me, blocking my view of the college building.

"We're doing this together." He told me sternly, placing his hands on my shoulders. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Sure, sure." I told him, moving his hands off of me and moving around him as Damon led the way to the college. I could hear Elijah's sigh behind us and Kol chuckling at his annoyance. They knew I wasn't leaving without my nephew if he was alive. As we reached the door to Whitmore House, I slowly pushed the door open, walking in only to hear a grunt behind me. Glancing back to see Elijah, Damon and Kol stuck at the door.

"Wait-Why can you get in if we can't?" Damon asked, placing his hand on the barrier that was invisible to the naked eye. Elijah's eyes were wide with fear, while Kol pushed against the barrier more.

"I guess because-" I held my hand up, my mother's ring sparkling brightly on my finger. "This ring strengthens my elf side, elf's don't need invited in.." I explained, showing them my ring.

"It doesn't matter, come out here, Hilda." Elijah told me. I moved my eyes to look at him, the look in my eyes made him growl and slam his hands against the barrier. "Hilda." He growled.

"I'm sorry.." I whispered, backing away from the door and turning away from them. I heard Kol slam himself against the barrier as I made my way to a door, it looked to be for a basement. I pulled the door open, breaking the lock as I made my way into the basement. I could vaguely hear voices, a few groans from more than one person. The smell of vampires hitting my nose. The smell of blood floating to my past me, as I hit the bottom of the stairs. A long hallway in front of me.

"Who are you?" Someone asked from beside the stairs. I turned quickly to see a man with blonde hair and wearing a lab coat, staring at me. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'm looking for someone." I told him, stepping closer to him as he stepped back. "And you are going to help me." I told him, smiling at him sweetly. He looked to be in thought, before stabbing a needle into my neck and injecting something into me. I furrowed my brows, staring at him like he was crazy. "Really? Going to stab the person who can spare you?" I questioned. He looked confused before fear took over.

"That should have knocked you out...what are-" I zoomed up to him, my face inches from his.

"What am I?" I interrupted him. My eyes flashed yellow as I gave him my best sinister smile. I widened my yellow eyes at him while raising my brows. "Your worse nightmare."

-
3rd POV-

"What do you mean you lost her?! Why didn't you tell us you were leaving??" Klaus growled through the phone that was currently pressed to Elijah's ear.

"I mean, she walked through a barrier that neither Kol nor I can penetrate." Elijah explained. Klaus growled on the other end. Elijah, Damon and Kol were currently sitting in the car, eyes on the Whitmore House, waiting for Hilda to come back out. But Elijah and Kol both had a bad feeling, Damon did as well but he refused to admit it, holding the little bit of hope he had left.

"What do you need me to do, Brother?" Klaus asked, taking a deep breath to keep calm. His mate needed him. No one had any contact with her.

"It's been an hour since Hilda went into the Whitmore House. No sign of her coming back out. We need people to go in and find, people that won't be stopped by a barrier." Elijah explained.

"Done." Klaus growled out, hanging up.

"So what now?" Damon spoke up from the driver seat, glancing next to him to look at Elijah.

"We wait."

-

Whitmore House-
Hilda's POV-

I opened my eyes slowly, my sight blurry and my head feeling achy. It was almost as bad as when I first woke up from being dead.

"Well, Good evening Sleeping Beauty. Sleep well?" I snapped my eyes in the direction of the voice, the blonde man in a lab coat standing there with a smirk. I jerked forward, trying to get to him. "Hmm, now that won't do, will it?" He tsked like I was a misbehaving child.

"What did you do to me??" I questioned, noticing my strength depleting. My eyes looked to my hand, noticing my ring gone. Jerking forward again in panic, I heard the man let out a laugh.

"I just was lucky I had a friend behind you to snap your neck." He mentioned, watching me panic. "I also took your ring, thought maybe it was a daylight ring, but atlas that is not the case, is it?" He questioned me. He took a hold of my hand where the ring was, a blackened ring on my middle finger where the ring once sat. "Hmm. Looks like you are allergic to it." He hummed, pressing his finger to the blackened ring tainting my finger. A scream echoing out of my lips at the burning pain it caused. "I'm running tests on it now, we'll see what it was that seems to be causing you to decay. Now onto some important manners." He started, walking over to a small desk and grabbing a hold of a syringe. Turning to me with a smile. "What are you? And how did you get in uninvited?"