💖Nerves - Jungwoo

Request by: niklee426_

"Everyone we go on in ten! Make sure all your mics are synced up and prepare for stage entry!" Nct's manager called from backstage as the boys all stood waiting to go on stage.

They were all excited as they often are before they have a performance, but this stage was a little different for one member.

This was jungwoo's first official stage and to say he was nervous would be an understatement.

After he got his mic all situated he escaped to the dressing room as he felt his anxiety flare up. he separated from the group without a word.

He was pacing back and force cracking his knuckles every few seconds as he took in shallow breaths.

The rest of the boys were about to do their team chant when taeyong noticed that Jungwoo was missing.

"hey, where's Jungwoo? We go on in seven minutes."

The boys all looked around looking for the boy.

"I think I saw him walk to the dressing room a few minutes ago." Doyoung said.

"I'll go get him hyung, be right back." mark said before he ran off towards the dressing room.

He spotted Jungwoo in the corner of the room and sensed something was wrong. Jungwoo was facing the wall, his hands clasped together tightly.

"Jungwoo? Hey, are you okay?" mark approached the boy and immediately noticed his shallow breathing and shaking legs. He gently turned Jungwoo around and gasped when Jungwoo had tears in his eyes.

"woah, hey, hey, Jungwoo-ah what's the matter?"

"m.. mark i...I can't do this...i...I don't think I can go out there..." Jungwoo admitted breathlessly.

"oh hey, it's okay Jungwoo. I know you're nervous about your first show but you're gonna do great."

"but...but what if I mess up? what...what if my voice cracks or..or I mess up the dance or...embarrass myself out there." Tears dripped down his face as he clasped his shaking hands together.

Mark quickly took jungwoo's hands into his own and looked up into his glossy eyes.

"Jungwoo listen to me, none of that is gonna happen. You have been preparing for this for months right? you've been doing a great job, that's why you're debuting with us isn't it?"

Jungwoo gave a small nod.

Mark reached up and wiped his cheeks.

"everything is gonna be okay, I promise you this will be a great show and the fans are gonna love you."

Jungwoo looked into mark's big sparkly eyes and relaxed a little.

"now, close your eyes and take a deep breath."

Jungwoo did so feeling his shaky limbs calm down as he took in a big breath.

"good, do it again." Mark said just above a whisper, his hands holding jungwoo's.

Jungwoo took a few deep breaths and felt calmer.

"feeling better?" mark asked with a smile.

Jungwoo smiled back and nodded. He suddenly leaned forward and hugged mark tightly.

"thank you." He whispered.

Mark smiled and hugged him back.

"you're welcome Jungwoo, now come on let's get backstage, we're almost on."

Jungwoo let mark lead him out of the dressing room and back to the rest of the group.

"everything okay?" taeyong asked.

"yes hyung, I'm okay now." Jungwoo said, his hand still holding mark's.

Taeyong smiled before they did their team chant and got into position.

Mark squeezed jungwoo's hand.

"how are you feeling?"

Jungwoo giggled softly.

"kinda like I'm gonna throw up but otherwise excited."

Mark chuckled softly.

"you'll be great I promise."

Jungwoo gave him a grateful smile before they let go of each other's hands and went to their spots on stage.

Just as predicted, the stage went by flawlessly and once Jungwoo began performing all his nerves disappeared. He danced and sang the best he had in months and showed the audience a truly fantastic performance.

Once the show was over, mark ran up to Jungwoo and hugged him tightly.

"you did so great Jungwoo!"

Jungwoo smiled wiping tears from his eyes.

"why are you crying?" mark asked as he wiped jungwoo's cheeks.

"sorry, I'm just really happy."

Mark giggled ad was soon joined by the rest of nct u all engulfing Jungwoo in a hug.

"were so proud of you Jungwoo." Taeyong said.

"welcome to the family Jungwoo-ah." Doyoung smiled warmly as he ruffled jungwoo's hair.

They all celebrated their great performance and jungwoo's official debut that night and were excited to continue this journey with even more members to add to the family.