Chapter 27 - The Reflection

It's been three days since (Y/N) learned about the hidden truth of Castor Labs.

    She's been having trouble accepting any of the information Axel had told her. All her life, she's firmly believed that the labs are meant to only capture and research demons to understand them better and get a greater advantage over them. That's the only purpose of the labs, not using demons to create illegal weapons and drugs that'll do more harm than good. There's still so much about demons that humans don't know of.

    She's debated telling authorities about what's going on but that'll be a stupid decision. She'll not only risk herself but her friend and possibly others who don't want to be involved. Simply having knowledge of the situation can land you a spot in prison or much worse. The Zones and the Hub are very serious when it comes to anything demon related in their underground world. Any religion that is considered demonic is strictly banned, symbols and drawings that are seen as demonic are banned, any relicts from above ground are confiscated, you can't speak lightly about demons, you can't dress like a demon, even holidays like Halloween are banned for having a 'demonic' background.

    Defying all these laws and more can land you a nice spot in prison for up to a year or more depending on the law.

    It's that serious...

    She couldn't imagine how long the sentence will be for producing weapons, drugs, items, anything that was made from a demon's remains.

    Besides her worries about this and for her missing friend, (Y/N) has started to notice a big personality change in her demons. Ever since they returned from their second experimentation, the two have been talking together way more than usual. It seemed like whenever she enters the cell, they quickly drop their conversation but later pick it back up when she's distracted with work. They always talk low so she can't hear but she can't help but think that they are planning something, and by the sounds of the few words she's heard, she might not like it.

    But when they weren't discussing, they were being more... attentive with her.

    Starting with Ki. He's refused to let her leave the cell each time her shift ended to the point where (Y/N) has had to sneak out at least once. She knows that Ki has zero trust for anybody in the whole building after what the Scientists had done to her. She couldn't blame him though, she's been purposely avoiding any of the higher ups and pretending that she was still under the impression of amnesia. Even the Head Keeper decided to pay her a visit to 'see how she was doing.' It felt strange meeting the woman because it felt like (Y/N) already knew her.

    Ki has also been invading her personal space a lot to the point where he's made her feel uncomfortable.

    As she's laying in her bed now, even thinking about his actions were making her nervous.

    When he wasn't bothering her, she would feel his gaze never leaving her body throughout her shift. She would catch him a few times staring her down so intensely that she didn't recognize him. It was like he would switch from his usual self to something else entirely in the moment. To say his stares made her a little bit scared was an understatement but then he would drop the gazes and go back to acting normally. 

    Then there were times where he was pretty invasive. He wouldn't let her leave his side and when she did one time, he pulled her into his lap and kept her there until she was finished with the paperwork at her desk. (Y/N) has never sat in a guy's lap, especially for that long. Ki seemed to enjoy being her chair as he buried his face into her neck, wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to his chest, and even whispered romantic words into her ear like 'beautiful', 'gorgeous', and one that she wishes he hadn't said, 'his love'.

    Why was he calling her those things? It was super unexpected when he first said them but now they just make her even more uncomfortable...

    When Ki wasn't giving her that much attention, he was taking naps. Spectrals tend to sleep a lot since they don't have unlimited energy like other demons, so it was expected for Ki to sleep for hours. She thought her personal bubble would be free from him but... there's always the other demon.

    Akai has always been far worse than Ki, but it seems like he's changed when it comes to how he treats her.

    (Y/N) hasn't heard one threat, one insult, or even experienced one of his cruel pranks since they were returned from the Scientists. It's like he's become more mature like Ki... but that doesn't mean everything about him had changed, unfortunately for her.

    Akai's flirty side has gotten worse. She thought Ki invades her space, Akai destroys it.

    He's said his usual flirts to get a reaction out of her but they became things that were completely uncalled for. The worst act was when she was cleaning her desk for the bazillionth time and she bent over to pick up a pen she had dropped. Akai was in her chair with an entire arm jutting out from his stomach watching as she cleaned. He looked over and used the arm to.......

...squeeze her buttcheek...

    Then had the audacity to say, "Too bad this skirt is in the way, I could've done something worse~."

    The word uncomfortable couldn't even describe how she felt at the time. Akai found her rage amusing as she beat him with a wad of rolled up documents that left small bruises on him. They faded away after a few seconds but she still got her revenge. Ki teleported the blond away from his Keeper and hissed whenever he came around for the rest of that day.

    However, when Ki was asleep and wasn't able to save her from the raunchy demon, that's when Akai gets touchy.

    Her face grimaced from even thinking about it as she buried herself under her covers.

    Akai would come up from behind her and pull her closer to him as he kissed down her neck, her jawline, and shoulders. His eyes would turn fully red during his intimate times with her and ignored her when she would push him away or tell him to stop. He just never listened.

    He propped her up onto the desk one time with a dark look in his eyes and watched her closely while she tried her best to get away. That would only annoy him and he made sure she was looking at him while he rubbed his hands up and down the sides of her legs and told her, very demandingly, "I don't want you talking with anyone outside of this cell. Especially other men."

    He doesn't trust anyone who isn't him or his cellmate when it came to her. He only puts up with Ki is because that's his partner towards escaping this place. Ki felt the same about him.

    In that moment, (Y/N) was shocked by his demand and even a bit angered by it. He doesn't have the right to tell her who she can be around, especially when she's the one who has power over him. But now that she thinks about it, he may just be concerned over her safety. Akai has expressed his hatred towards the Scientists after they had tortured her and has even said some threats towards them that sounded extreme.

    Either way, that didn't give him the right to be treating her this way. He was becoming controlling and Ki was starting to act the same way, she didn't like this sudden possessive nature both demons were developing or their issue with not keeping their hands to themselves.

    (Y/N) tossed the covers off her body as she stared at the ceiling. Why were they acting like this? Not long ago, they were fine. She was alright being around them but now they're just making her feel uneasy. She could just chalk it up to be 'demon behavior' but they weren't like this when she first started working here. Not to mention it's really inappropriate for someone in her position and she was glad that the cameras were gone for now.

    Something's changed them and she's worried if that something is her.