Chapter 45: Mala Rabbit Cubes

Zhuang Qing left his office and saw all the employees in the office snacking. Seeing him appear, the employees even attempted to conceal the snacks, though all that did was make it even more conspicuous. Shouldn't they think about their oil-covered mouths and the smell in the room? It would be strange if he didn't know what they were doing.

Pretending not to have seen their tiny movements, Zhuang Qing scanned the room. "Where did Fu Li run off to?"

"Boss, Fu ge went to visit the Kunpeng," Zhang Ke lowered his voice when saying the word 'Kunpeng'. "Why don't you wait for Fu ge to return before looking for him?"

Zhuang Qing turned and silently went back to his office with a straight face.

Fu Li walked into the Kunpeng's room and caught sight of the enormous, fat bird in the middle of the room. He called out to it twice, but there was no reaction from the Kunpeng. Left with no choice, he went up and pulled on its wings. Only after pulling out several feathers did he manage to wake the Kunpeng.

Transforming into his human form, the Kunpeng sat up straight on the floor. "Rabbit, you're back?"

Fu Li sat cross-legged in front of the Kunpeng. "Kunpeng daren, try the local specialties I brought back for you." He fished out a large pile of things that included even spicy sticks from his Qiankun Pouch.

"How can there be no alcohol when there's food?" The Kunpeng asked Fu Li, "Did you buy any alcohol? If you didn't, I'll teleport us some."

"Daren, an ordinary person would be frightened if they realized that their things suddenly disappeared," Fu Li started rifling through his Qiankun Pouch again. "Stealing isn't right either. I have here a few jars of old wine from a few thousand years back; they were fermented by a yao cultivator on my mountain. I was young at that time, and the elders on the mountain refused to let me drink, so I secretly snuck a few jars into my Qiankun Pouch. If you didn't mention it today, it would have slipped my mind."

The earthen jar of wine that Fu Li took out was very ordinary – not only was the earthen jar formed from potter's clay very ugly, the soil on its surface had not been wiped off, as if it had been freshly dug out of the ground.

"How can a male yao not drink?" The Kunpeng popped open the cover. The pure, distinct fragrance of wine assailed their nostrils and spiritual qi very quickly filled the entire room. He threw the earthen jar to Fu Li. "Come, I'll drink with you today."

Fu Li accepted the earthen jar and proclaimed, "It is this little yao's fortune to have the company of Kunpeng daren." He lifted up the earthen jar and drank a mouthful of the fruit wine that had once been the subject of infinite curiosity.

There was a slight chill to it, though the sweet taste and fragrant scent took center stage.

"Good!" The Kunpeng also lifted up the earthen jar and took a big gulp from it. As the wine went down his throat, all he felt was a sensation of relaxation and carefreeness, along with a floaty feeling, as if he was about to transcend the mundane world. "Good wine, good wine! The elder of your honorable mountain has a pair of skillful hands. If there is a chance, I will definitely pay a visit in person."

Fu Li laughed, wine trickling down the arc of his throat into his shirt. "It's a pity that the mountain has already fallen to ruin. Among the hundreds of big and tiny yaoguai on the mountain, only I remain alive." One of his hands grabbed hold of an earthen jar, clinking it against the Kunpeng's. "It is their fate that Kunpeng daren could taste this wine."

The Kunpeng hadn't expected such an incident to have occurred. Patting Fu Li on the shoulder, he said, "Enjoy while you can, there is no turning back time. Come, cheers."