Chapter 76

Remus didn't know what woke him up the next morning; the extreme feeling of thirst or the painful throbbing in his head. He forced one of his eyes open to the dimly lit room with his head still on his pillow, throwing a glance at the small clock on his nightstand beside his bed. It was eleven in the morning. Even though it is daytime, no one had opened the thick scarlet drapes.

Remus closed his eyes again, but he cursed loudly and jerked up into a sitting position when he remembered that it was Thursday.

     He opened his mouth to yell at his friends that they had missed their classes, but he only managed to let out a groan as his headache became worse.

"Ugh..." Remus held his head, the world spinning to his eyes.

     His mouth was dry and his thirst became worse. The memories of last night were nothing but a haze to him. The last thing he remembered was when they had run out of the Three Broomsticks after Peter was dared to kiss Madam Rosmerta on the cheek.

Remus looked around the room, blinking a few times to retrieve his vision. Peter was sleeping on the floor, snoring loudly while he hugged his pillow. He had a fake beard drawn over his face, but Remus couldn't remember which one of them had drawn it.

He then glanced over at James's bed, but found it empty. Frowning, Remus turned his head to search for him as he looked around the room, only to find James on Sirius's bed, both cuddled up together.

With a sly grin on his face, Remus made the sacrifice and got off the bed, risking the possibility of falling down, in order to get to his trunk and take out his camera. It was worth ignoring the terrible headache.

Stumbling as he walked, Remus moved toward Sirius's bed, where both he and James were sleeping.

     He raised his camera, saying loudly, "Say cheese!"

The camera clicked and flashed, waking Sirius and James up with a start. They looked around in confusion, still not fully conscious to realize what was going on. Remus's smile widened. One look at them told him that their headache was just as bad his.

"What the hell!? Get off of me, Prongs!" Sirius exclaimed at last once he realized the James was sleeping beside him, and then pushed him off the bed with his feet.

"Ouch!" James cried out as he landed on the floor with a loud thud. His hair was messier than ever, his eyes red and barely open.

"Get up, you three. We missed the first two classes," said Remus, placing his camera back in his trunk as he yawned.

"Ugh, who cares!" Sirius groaned, dropping his head back down on his pillow before pulling his blanket on top of his head again.

"Get up, Wormtail," said Remus, trying to shake Peter awake, but he only snored louder.

"Damn it!" James huffed to himself, getting to his feet as he looked around the room, searching for something.

"What's the matter?" Sirius mumbled, forcing himself up into a sitting position on his bed.

"I've lost my glasses again!" James complained, looking around.

Sirius grinned. "I'll help you find them for five Galleons."

"It's on your head, Prongs," Remus said without even looking at James, while taking his school uniform out of his trunk.

"Damn it, Moony!" Sirius retorted, but he laughed when James smacked him on the head before putting his glasses back on.