CHAPTER 25

"I already told you what you need to do," he says, pulling my face to the front of his pants. I look at Nate, and I can see in his eyes he doesn't want me to, but I can't watch him die from electrocution. It'll haunt me forever if that happens.

"I'll do it. Please stop!"

"No, honey, you go first," he says, unzipping his pants. He's about to pull out his cock when a voice outside stops him.

"That's enough, Gordon," I hear Walden say from outside. I never expected I'd be happy to hear his voice.

"Okay," the disgusting man says and stops electrocuting Nate. I quickly run toward my mate to check him.

"Nate are you okay?" I ask, lifting him off the ground and helping him sit up.

"I'll live," he says hoarsely. He sounds in a lot of pain. His eyes are glued to Gordon, and I can see he's planning his death in his head.

"I see you met my son. He takes after me, doesn't he?" Walden asks, walking into the room. Nate doesn't say anything and continues to glare at Gordon. I pity him when Nate gets back to full strength. Nate will tear him to pieces. "Take them away," Walden says, and two men appear from behind.

One drags me away from Nate and out of the cell. He removes my old chains and puts new ones on. They're silver chains and they hurt like hell. The other man does the same to Nate. They drag us in different directions. I think about asking the man where he's pulling me but decide against it.

The man drags me down a dark, smelly corridor. I smell werewolves, and I can tell they're hurt. I wonder how many of us they have here. He throws me into a room filled with women after removing the chains from my hands.

I look around the room, and it's filled with she-wolves. All of them are injured and bloody. They look like they haven't bathed in days, and they also smell like it. Roughly counting, there look to be about fifty of us here. I don't think Nate knows all these she-wolves are missing. Did their families not report them?

I look around the room, and realize this cell is far different from the other one we were in. It has another door across. I don't have to wonder why for long because the door opens, and a she-wolf walks in, in wolf form. She looks like she just came back from a fight and barely won. They are claw marks all over her body. Why was she fighting with another werewolf? Why a werewolf when there are humans they must unite against? Werewolves should come together and try to escape this horrible place.

I come back from my thoughts when I hear my name called from where the injured she-wolf came from. I slowly walk toward the door and take a deep breath before I walk out. What I see is beyond my imagination.

I don't know the best words to describe it. Now I know why that she-wolf came back bloody. There's another werewolf across the room looking barely alive. She's covered in blood and claw marks. You can tell she fought hard. I finally understand what's really happening when I hear the chanting from above.

I see hundreds of humans cheering and shouting. I didn't know this many humans hated my kind. I'm in a fighting arena. The fighters are werewolves and the audience is made of humans. It seems they make werewolves fight against one another for their sport. These humans are sick and cruel.

"Ladies and gentlemen, here live with us tonight is the werewolf King's mate and the werewolf King himself," a voice says from above.

A cry of pain escapes me as I feel a burn on my back. "Move it, you animal," Gordon says, whipping me with a silver chain.

I walk into the arena and stop when I reach the middle. I see Nate walking in, and I try to move toward him when Gordon whips me again.

"Don't move, you animal," he barks, hitting my back two times. I wince every time the chain slices me and try my best to not cry.