Part 32

After another horrible magic lesson fail, I stalked up to Val's house, opening and slamming her door shut.

"What an entrance." She mused from her recliner. She had a cup of tea in her hands, but her eyes lit with amusement. My cheeks heated; I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"Magic can get the best of us, though I have not seen a reaction like that for a few years." I sat down, sighing.

"Everyone makes it look so easy, then there is me, this freak who really struggles with it."

"Maybe because you are not owning who you are." Val cryptically said.

"What does that mean?" I asked, I didn't feel like she was attacking me but trying to guide me. she smiled.

"Calling yourself a freak, doesn't help." She scowled. I nodded; she had a point. Kol had already yelled at me today when I had said the same thing to him.

"I feel so alone." I admitted. I hadn't spoken these thoughts to Kol. I felt a little guilty and he knew there was something I wasn't telling him. Val nodded in understanding. We stayed silent for a little while. I figured there was no point in beating around the bush with Val, she would just lead me on a goose chase just to punish me.

"Have you ever heard of anyone like me?" I got straight to the point. I watched her closely. Her eyes widened. She cleared her throat, still staying silent. I walked over to her, getting down and taking her hands. I made sure not to siphon her, but it was difficult. "Please, I just need help."

"Not from that monster." She whispered.

"Val, please. He or she will be the only one that understands."

"All he understands is how to cause pain." Her eyes bore into mine. At least I was getting somewhere. So, there was a he out there, who was like me. I frowned, Val had called him a monster, admittedly she had also said the same thing about Kol. Kol had changed, could this guy change too?

"Maybe he needs help?" I spoke softly.

Val shook her head, snatching her hands back and pushing me out the way to get up. She shook her head, muttering under her breath but something caught my interest. Gemini coven. I had never heard of them, hopefully Kol or Freya had. Worse came to worse, maybe Lucien had heard of them, I scrunched my face, I really didn't want to ask him.

"I can't do this. You need to leave." She pointed to her door. I nodded and smiled at her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to upset you." She just nodded, looking away from me. I walked out, determined to find out more on the Gemini coven.

I sat on the edge of the couch, flicking through one of the many grimoires that were in this building. A part of my brain couldn't help but think how many had died and had their beloved possessions stolen or given to one they considered an enemy. As I flicked through, I found a chapter that caught my eye.

"Gemini Coven." I whispered, finally feeling like I was getting somewhere.

"Now that is an interesting Coven." Klaus mused, walking in. I blinked looking up at him.

"What do you mean?" I quickly closed the book, feeling as if I had been caught doing something naughty. Klaus looked at me with a slight confused expression before a smile appearing.

"My my, little Gilbert, are you hiding something? Perhaps another love interest? Kol would not be too happy about sharing you."

I scowled.

"No!" I shouted, enraged but the accusation.

"Touchy, aren't we?" Klaus clasped his hands behind his back and looking like a Cheshire cat. I took a deep breath and regained my composure.

"As you were saying about the interesting Gemini coven..." I gestured to him with my hand, trying to pass off that I wasn't somewhat interested.

"Not very many around, they have a thing about twins absorbing each other...." He paused, pointing at me. "Imagine if you had to do that."

The horrible thought entered my mind, I shook my head as quickly. I could never do that! Jeremy was my other half. We had gone through so much together. I couldn't imagine the pain of truly losing him like he had with me. I rubbed my arms, pinching myself to remind myself not to let Klaus distract me.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"What makes them so interesting?" he rose a brow at me. I hadn't thought about what to say and decided to shrug.

"I'm reading about a few different covens." That was a half truth and one that Klaus seemed to buy.

"I doubt there would be much about them. I believe Portland was the last location I had heard them to be." Klaus tapped his lip in thought.

"How is Hope?" I asked him quickly, changing the subject but making the mental note of Portland.

"I believe she is growing strong." He smiled. He walked over, showing me the recent picture Lily had sent him.

"She is just too precious for this world." I ran my finger over the screen. Missing my little bundle of joy.

"That she is." I heard the soft tone Klaus very rarely used. Klaus's head turned to the hall and smile on his face. "Freya is in search of you."

"Nooo." I whined; she was relentless.

"You have about 2 minutes for an escape, I believe I have not seen you." He smiled, walking toward the door. I grinned, running toward the other door, and making my escape. I had a coven name and a location, all I needed to do was form a plan.