Werewolf

Emerald eyed her professor as she found herself overwhelmed with an intangible amount of emotions; fury, anger, sadness, confusion, distrust...That the one person she thought she could trust more than anybody in the world, possibly even her own sibling, had lied to her; even after the promise they made to one another the year prior to never keep anything from one another again.

Snape had flown more than twenty feet into the air, hitting back against the mirror hard before landing on the floor of the Room of Requirement. Utterly shocked at his student's reaction and that he had revealed such imperative information, which she was not supposed to know about yet. Severus had never allowed himself to become so completely overcome with emotions that he would explode in such a way...Not since...

The tears filled his eyes as he lifted himself from the floor, too in shock to move. Emerald's glazed over look mirrored his, her jaw clenched to the point where it had began to tremble.  And before the man even had a chance to begin to explain his words, Emerald pointed her wand at him.

Blue sparks began hurdling towards the Potions Master, as he fought to deflect each one. The rage circulating through the young girl caused the curses and jinxes she tried to inflict on him to have no requirement for an incantation. Every strike. Every attack...Was entirely out of rage. The Professor held on to the hope that his barricade against her magic would tire her, watching the tears as they fought to stream down her cheeks, in sync with his own. His mind drifted for a moment, as he fought to remember the last time he had shed a tear...

No, he couldn't think of that...Otherwise he would lose focus on the girl in front of him, attacking him with spells well beyond her years, possibly resulting in both their injuries/deaths. No, he promised himself he would protect her. He would not fail Lily Potter Evans again.

Emerald fought with such determination, but she could feel herself beginning to weaken in the passing moments. Her anger did not disperse, but her body could not keep up with the spells cast from her wand made entirely of Elderwood. She grunted with each strike, not truly wanting to cause any damage to her Professor; but unable to control the revelation that not only was Remus Lupin a werewolf...But her Godfather.

Yes, it all made sense now. The blue potion Severus had given the man; Wolfsbane. Snape mentioned it would 'see him through to the next one'...The next full moon. Her mind had put two and two together in less than a moment, causing the spell only taught in seventh year, to escape her lips...And she had cast it without fault.

The young Potter girl's breaths grew heavy with exhaustion; her arms threatening to give up on her if she cast another spell. The blue lights from her wand dimmed in colour and force. Snape, however, had a much greater stamina when it came to duelling. He had to, what with the person he once followed many years ago. And with one final breath, Emerald's left hand holding her wand...Fell to her side. 

She was crying now, her mouth dry and unable to speak, even had she wanted to. Only, she had nothing to say to the man she had once deemed her friend. Snape's long wisps of ebony hair fell over his face, his breaths slightly tired; but nothing compared to Emerald's whose eyes remained murderous, drained entirely of the green he once mirrored to Lily's. Yes, it all made sense to him in that moment...And it was all because of him.

Severus, too, found himself at a loss for words. He almost thought she could have killed him for a second. Emerald, however, knew she could not; for she cared about him too much. Her gaze weakened, a small tint of that green meadow returning; Snape thought she looked as though she could pass out from her tired eyes. Her stance, however, remained strong, as she turned back and headed for the only door in the room. 

Too weak to cast another spell, she took her backpack, that appeared so heavy in her arm, and left. Snape watched her small frame disappear; the door to the room closing behind her. He found himself overcome with guilt as one, small tear cascaded down his sunken cheek. Severus questioned if he had lost Emerald, in that moment, as he too had lost Lily...The woman who meant everything to him. History truly felt as though it was repeating himself. He wasn't sure whether it was the small cut inflicted when he fell through the air or that well of emotions that caused him to collapse to the floor.

When he regained consciousness, however, the room was dark and night had approached. Severus' mind instantly remembered Emerald's eyes in those moments. Little did he know, it would be the last he would see them for a very long time...

***

Five days had passed since Severus Snape had revealed to Emerald Potter the truth regarding the new Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor; Werewolf and Godfather. In that time, she had fought to intentionally avoid both teachers. Her evenings were spent, mostly, with Draco Malfoy or Pansy Parkinson, as she tried to distract her forever plagued mind from any additional thoughts seeping through. Even when she ran out of Snape's potion, she refused to ask him for more; too proud to ask a man, who had lied to her, for more help.

Only, she found herself questioning everything, causing her headaches to worsen, tenfold. Draco insisted she even spoke to Madam Pomfrey. So, on the morning of the 9th September 1993, she took herself to the hospital wing to seek other methods of relief that didn't involve Professor Snape...

***

"So, what seems to be the problem, my dear?" Pomfrey spoke, her distrustful eyes meeting my own as I sighed, blocking out whatever thoughts of hers were trying to enter my mind; a surge of pain shot through my temple in rapid retaliation. My hand reached to hold the side of my head, hoping it would subdue the pain. It did not, however.

"I'm suffering with really bad migraines. Is there anything you can possibly give me to get rid of them?" I hissed through the pain. 

She pouted concernedly, looking over me "I'm afraid, that's probably Professor Snape's expertise, my dear. As your Head of House, I recommend you speak with him about it." Trying not to grimace at her advice, I forced a pained smile and nodded. "Sure. Thanks Madam Pomfrey." Looks like I'll have to take matters into my own hands...

"EM! EM!" My head spasmed at the new burst of energy entering the room, as Harry began running towards me in the hospital wing. He looked alarmed, waving The Daily Prophet about in the air like a mad person. 

One thought of my brother's managed to filter its way into my mind, alleviating the pain for a brief moment, 'Sirius Black'.

My eyes widened, alarmed, "What's going on!?" I burst from my seat, grabbing the paper from my brother's hands. "He's been sighted in Dufftown!" Harry informed, as I read the headline. "That's not far from here." I murmured, remembering Professor McGonagall mentioning it on our trip to Hogsmeade; seven-possibly ten miles away...

Harry gulped, out of breath, "What should we do? Should we speak to a Professor, or..." I shook my head, waving the paper dismissively, "...-No, that won't do us any good. The Dementors are guarding the grounds, so we're safe as long as we're in Hogwarts."

My brother's confusion grew evident in his emotions, "Meaning...?" He trailed away, allowing me to finish once more as my eyes met his sternly. "-Meaning...No trips into Hogsmeade. No leaving the school grounds; It's too dangerous." Truly, I felt as though I was the older sibling for a moment, as his saddened eyes met mine. Finally, he huffed and nodded, "Ugh! Fine. I wish you hadn't given me the idea now, though." 

A small chuckle escaped my lips, but a small strike of pain to my head brought it to a halt, once again. Harry's smile faltered momentarily, his hand placed onto my shoulder, "Are you alright?"

I nodded, forcing a rather convincing smile in return. "Yeah, I'm fine. We better get to first class. What is it, again?" I furrowed my eyebrows, a little agitated at how unorganized I had become. "Flying first, Sis." Finally, a class that allowed me to clear my mind a little...

The rest of the day passed as usual; fortunately, I did not have Potions nor Defence Against the Dark Arts. And I had been asking Draco to squirrel away some food from The Great Hall each night, so that I could eat in my dormitory. I returned the moment the bell tolled to signify the end of the day; the Common Room was entirely empty, as I made my way up the stairs and towards my room. Entering inside, I found a glowing light emitting from my bed beside Ash, waiting for me. 

She purred, excited at my arrival, as I found the source of the light; that silvery liquid of familiarity sat at the end of my bed. A note was attached to the bottle, and I found myself debating whether of not to read it...But my heart ached at the thought of not doing so, and I allowed my eyes to find the words...

'Let them in. SS.'