Chapter 70: Worry

Seeing how frightened the Suanyu was, Fu Li patted him on the shoulder. "You can let your heart settle back down. Gong Fu daren is a level-headed auspicious beast, he won't attack immediately even if he sees that you're a fiend."

"He'll attack after saying a few words?" An aggrieved look took over the Suanyu's face.

"Is getting trashed the only thing in your head?" Fu Li was speechless.

"Getting killed too," The Suanyu's greatest weakness was cowardice, but his greatest strength was also his cowardice. Yaoguai with little courage might not have high cultivation, but would live longer on average. He was a fiend that brought terror to humans from birth, not once had he truly interacted properly with humans or other yao cultivators. Only when he joined the management bureau did he finally experience what it was like to have a social life.

"With such little courage, you still have the cheek to call yourself a fiend?" Fu Li sighed. "If Gong Fu daren wants to put you in your place, I'll defend you. That should be fine, right?"

"Many thanks, Boss!" The Suanyu instantly grinned from ear to ear. These were the exact words he had been waiting for. Boss Fu Li definitely got along well with Gong Fu daren, otherwise Gong Fu wouldn't tell outsiders that he was Boss Fu Li's cousin. Even his alternate name in the human world was Fu Kong.

"So, you said so much just so that I would say this," Fu Li suddenly understood. After mingling with the others from the management bureau, even the Suanyu had become sly.

"Boss, aren't you on holiday today?" The Sunayu gazed at the floor above. "If Gong Fu daren and Kunpeng daren are left to their own devices upstairs, won't the two of them get into a fight and even tear the house down eventually?"

"The two of them aren't in the mood to fight now."

They were both gathered in his house eating snacks. Despite being at that age, they still snatched their junior's snacks – there was truly no part of them that was senior-like. The noble, lofty, and untarnished Gong Fu daren in Fu Li's heart had already turned into a puff of smoke.

Distance brought about beauty – this was the best portrayal of Gong Fu in Fu Li's heart.

"If you're afraid, then go settle the campus spirit-summoning incident with Zhang Ke and the rest. Don't stay in the management bureau all day, you're not pregnant or recovering from childbirth." Fu Li had realized a long time ago that the Suanyu usually stayed within the management bureau and wouldn't leave unless something major happened. That being said, he had made quite a bit of money just by livestreaming himself eating.

"Those minor cases have no need for me, what would I be there for?" The Suanyu shook his head repeatedly. "I'd better not go."

Fu Li stared at him for a few seconds. The Suanyu rubbed the corner of his clothes, his gaze evasive.

"Actually, you don't have to be worried about bringing nightmares or terror to humans. Have you brought terror to anyone after joining the management bureau?"

The Suanyu seriously pondered over it before shaking his head.

"Have you brought terror to those netizens who watch your livestreams?"

The Suanyu thought back to the comments left by netizens. The majority of comments were about how the streamer was eating happily and how they were very satisfied just seeing the streamer eating. He had received a huge tip yesterday from a netizen with mild anorexia who developed an interest in food after seeing his livestreams and subsequently recovered from the condition without medication.