a man walks into a bar- no, smashes his bike into your shop: what do you do?

i am holding on to a 71 guaranteed pity for arataki "the sexy idiot himbo" itto in the face of all my hu tao haver friends, so i am going to cement my determination to SAVE for his C2 and BiS weapon by writing a fic :')) 

content warning: itto being itto

...

"Thank you for your patronage!"

The elderly woman, who's also your first customer for the day, grins as she receives the bouquet from your grasp. "No, thank you, dear. Your arrangements are always so lovely."

You managed a soft laugh, the ping of the cash register resounding in the air. "You flatter me too much, Amane-san! I'm just like any other florist out there."

"Any other florist wouldn't dare put up shop in this part of town, though," she chuckles, gentle fingers caressing a patch of baby's breath rather fondly. "Though you make it much easier to bring flowers to my husband, aren't you afraid? You know who runs this district, don't you?"

"Sure do," you say, tearing off the receipt printed out by the register before handing it to her. "They're the ones who own this complex after all."

Amane nods, smile not faltering. "Then you'll be just fine. Most folks from the city are quick to judge little Arataki's gang. Bunch of troublemakers, they said, but what they don't know is that they're the ones who keep Hanamizaka the way it is... Oh, never mind me! This is just an old lady's rambling."

"Not at all." You shook your head. "I don't think the, uh, Arataki Gang's all that bad. At least their secretary isn't. Oh, here she comes now."

The chimes on the front door tinkle softly at the entrance of a new customer that you receive with a kind smile. Kuki Shinobu is not your everyday right-hand woman to Hanamizaka's band of thugs. For someone managing a rather...unorthodox organization, she seems a bit more put-together than you would otherwise assume gangsters should be. When Shinobu walks into your flower shop, she looks like any other straight-laced college student you've come across in the city—looking around as if she didn't drop by every morning.

"Oh, Shi-chan!" Amane gushes. "I didn't know you were looking after our newcomer here. The boys didn't cause any trouble, I hope?"

Shinobu sighs. "The last tenant packed his bags and left because they scared away all his customers. I explicitly told them not to bother the next one that tenders a lease with us." Turning to you, she spares a small smile. "Speaking of which, good morning."

"Good morning to you, too, Shinobu," you chirp. "Is it gonna be the usual for today?"

"Yeah. Oh, wait, no. Do you have anything more fragrant? Specifically something that calms the nerves?" she asks, reaching into her backpack to hand you an ornate vase that seems more expensive than it looks. "Our boss has been feeling off-kilter for the past two days, and his mood swings aren't doing anyone favors."

"How about you fix her up with some silk flowers, dear?" Amane suggests, gesturing to the bouquet in her hands. "My husband adored them, and we always ordered some seeds from the old flower shop in the city back in the day. I'm sure little Arataki will snap out of it once he gets a whiff of them in that cramped office of his."

"Does that work for you?" you ask Shinobu, and she nods. "Alright, give me...fifteen minutes to prep, and we'll be all set!"

This is how your mornings usually turn out.

For a quick backstory: after living in the capital of Inazuma City for the past twenty-four years, you decided to move out of your old childhood home and live independently. It was a decision that neither of your parents were happy to agree with at first, but you managed to meet the conditions they'd set once you graduated from college. Those being: 1.) Have a stable source of income; and 2.) Don't move too far away.