Chapter 16

It all comes down to circumstances!

Anisha was really lucky to have a mother-in-law like Daljeet. That woman went crazy at the thought of her children going on their first date!

She dragged Anisha up the stairs to their room and inside the closet where she looked around for a perfect dress. She turned the closet to the right and to the left!

After a struggle of some fifteen minutes Daljeet squealed like a little girl, " Oh my god You will look so pretty in this dress!"

" This really looks pretty." Anisha admired the dress.

She turned the dress, gauging it once and twice and then said, " Chalo, chalo Anisha jaldi se ready hona chalu karo. Abhi aata hi hoga. Aur kitchen ki chinta mat karna aaj tum dono enjoy karo!" ( Come on Anisha, start getting ready. Abhi must be here anytime. And don't worry about the kitchen, you guys enjoy today!)

With a shy smile thrown at Daljeet, Anisha went inside to have a quick bath. She made sure to wash her hair and use her favourite body wash.

Within a span of fifteen minutes, she was dressed in that beautiful peach suit. She was staring at the mirror trying to style her hair into some style when she huffed and decided to keep her hair open.

After applying minimal makeup and adorning her golden heels, she was finally ready

After applying minimal makeup and adorning her golden heels, she was finally ready. And now came the anxiety back, in full force. ' Will Abhimanyu like it? I'm so stupid, I got ready and then I'm thinking about his likes!'

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her ringtone. Answering the call, " Come downstairs. I'm waiting in the car."

" Yes." She breathed.

Anisha took a deep breath and made her way down the stairs to be met with an overexcited Daljeet who stood at the end of stairs. When she approached her she said, " You really look pretty in this dress. God have some mercy on my child, tonight!"

Anisha blushed and Daljeet quickly ushered her out the house.

" Have fun kids!"

Anisha turned red while Abhimanyu answered from the car, " We will, Maa."

When she sat inside the car he asked her to buckle up and they hit the road.

The thing about car drives with Abhimanyu was that when he was at the wheel the ride was enjoyable, very enjoyable. He drove with the radio on and even sung along the songs and all the tiredness one felt vanished with a poof!

Tonight was no different. He turned the radio on and started singing along. When he looked at her, she had a curious look staring outside the window and was silently humming to the song.

" I will appreciate if you sing along, you know."

Anisha turned around as if she had a whiplash! " What did you say?"

" You heard me"

Sighing she shaked her head, " You never pay attention..." She drifted off leaving the sentence hanging.

Abhimanyu sighed and switched the radio off.

" Why did you.." she begun to ask when he shushed her.

" Anisha, I know I acted like a jerk. I never acknowledged you as my wife after the marriage. But" taking a deep breath, he continued, " But I feel that I should finally make amends. You deserve all my respect as my wife and..."

Before he could continue he heard a sniff, " Abhimanyu" again a sniff, " Abhimanyu, you are not the only one to be blamed." a few tears trickled down her cheeks.

" Ssshhh, you know I don't know what to do with crying women. Please stop crying!" He pleaded desperately.

" I...I.." Anisha took a few deep breaths and composed herself.

Abhimanyu looked at her and then back at the road, the signal had finally turned green and they could move.

" Abhimanyu, taali ek haath se nahi bajti. Jitni aapki galti utni meri bhi hai. Sab kuch itna jaldi hua ki mein samaj hi nahi paayi aur ek dusre ko space dete dete. Hum kabhi ek dusre ke saath comfortable hi nahi huye. " ( It takes two to tango! Everything happened so suddenly that I couldn't cope up and then while giving space to each other, we drifted apart.)

" Anisha, ab jo ho gaya wo ho gaya." ( Let bygones be bygones)

Anisha nodded her head quickly and wiped the tears off. She quickly said, "Let's focus on the future."

" Yes. Now can you please turn on the radio and sing along with me?"

Anisha chuckled and turned the radio on. Coincidentally it was her favourite song playing and she quickly started to sing along. Abhimanyu followed suit.

While singing along time passed faster than ever and sooner Abhimanyu was parking the car. Anisha opened her door but it won't budge! She huffed and looked at Abhimanyu. He raised his hands in defeat and just gave her his signature smile making her melt at the spot.

He got off the car and circled to her side and opened the door.

" Thank you. Though your way was very childish."

He smirked and intertwined their fingers in response.

And just like that the butterflies made their presence known!