Chapter 29

OMKAR

I walked onto the floor as the elevator dinged and I checked the time. It was still approximately 8 in the morning. There was no one on the floor except the security guard. I walked into my cabin to see Manisha's back facing me. I saw there were 4 cups of half drunk black coffee on my seat, papers scattered and it looked quite messy. Honestly I didn't like the fact that she did that in my cabin however she stayed back the entire night working on the reports and I respect hardwork. So I decided to let go.

Even after the fact that the door opened and she could hear my boots make the thud sound against the wooden ramp of the floor she didn't turn around.

'Manisha?' I called her out worrying if she was alright? But she didn't respond back. I walked closer to her and kept a hand on her shoulder and that's when she turned around.

Her eyes were red. She looked like shit.
Did she cry or its because she hadn't slept the entire night.

'Gosh you look tired Manisha...I think you need rest... please go home...and please never repeat this ..you are never expected to do overtime...this is unacceptable...you look sick...please take a day off...' saying I began picking the papers from my table.

'Thats all you've got to tell me???' Manisha asked and I turned around looking at her.

'I didn't get you' I said...Was she expecting me to apologise???
Well I'm not going to do that because practically I didn't ask her to stay back but she clearly looked pissed.

Well if a sorry makes her happy...

'Im sorry if you misunderstood anything!' I said while she kept glaring at me for a few seconds and then spoke up...

'I have not misunderstood anything! I was clear! But looks like things began changing between us ...' she said in a deadpan voice.

I was confused!!! I kept looking at her and then said 'I think you are sleepy Manisha...Go home...let's talk tomorrow...I'll handle Leathers Corporation' I said while arranging the papers in a file... that's when she said something insane...

'So you slept with that bitch han???' and I froze.

'Whattttt' I didn't even have a word to speak up ...

'The bitch who dragged you with her last night...the bitch whom you spent the night with...the bitch whom your family is planning to get you engaged to tomorrow!!!' she said and I was shocked!!!

'Manisha...watch your tongue!!! Not a word against Mukta' I said and she laughed sarcastically.

'Ofcourse!!! Mukta...that village brute...when did this happen huh??? What is it with her??? No looks no personality...no charms... what does she have that pulled you to her from me...how did you do this to me Omkar?' she said in a hurtful voice and I was shocked!!!

'Manisha...what are you talking???'

'Truth...just the truth!!! Huhhh I should have known it well...you are also a Nayak aren't you??? That same Rudra's Brother!!! He played with my emotions...now you too did the same...what am I huhhh some sort of a dumping yard is it??? You can't treat me like this Omkar!!! We are perfect for each other!!! But then comes that village brute... with that 1940 clothing and that kilometre long braid of hers...no looks no personality but enough to warm your bed and take you away from me...you...you will marry that bitch??? How could you Omkar?'

I was getting irritated now.
Was she mad? She had begun to talk like I dumped her whereas honestly speaking we were never even a thing!!!

I stared at her words in disbelief!!!