Eleven

"How was your meeting with his highness, Honey?" Celeste asks Achilles, while you three sit in the living room.

"It was good, we discussed matters like our daughter's engagement" you remove your eyes away from the book you are holding, to look at your father with surprise.

"Don't tell me that you agreed on such madness?" Achilles chuckles at his wife's question.

"Of course not, as you said that this is considered madness, and I'm not a mad person"

You let out a relieved sigh at his words, happy that you are not forced into any crazy relationships, especially with the prince.

After all, you have joined an organization whose main goal is to take down the vampire king.

"It's not like we are going to allow our (Y/n) to ever get married," Celeste says, placing a hand around your shoulder.

"No offense, mom, but I think me getting married or not is my own decision" you state.

"Hahaha...no" Achilles mocks, not even looking at you as he reads from the book he picked earlier from the house's library.

"What do you mean by no? It's my life" you spat, causing Celeste to quickly interfere.

"Marriage isn't fun or easy, it is better to stay single" you raise an eyebrow and smile.

"Does that mean that your marriage with Dad is boring and hard?" You ask with an innocent tone.

"No, that isn't what she meant, she is saying that there is no way that an irresponsible girl like would understand the concepts of marriage" Achilles says with a calm voice, flipping the book's page.

"That's not what I meant!" Celeste denies.

You stand up from the sofa and pick up your book.

"Well, I will be off to bed, have a good night mother," you say, but Celeste stands up, and grand your right wrist, stopping you.

"Stop being mean to (Y/n), and apologize to her, Achilles," your mother says, glaring at your father.

The vampire general looks up from his book and stares at his wife, emotionless.

"I'm sorry, did you just say that you want me to apologize to my child? Since when did the elder apologize to the young"

Celeste glares at her husband, angry, and sad by his behavior.

"I want you to apologize to her now, I'm so fed up with your cruel behavior towards her"

You are surprised that Celeste is taking your side against her husband's.

"I'm not going to apologize to her, she needs to learn manners, as well as you do for speaking to me in this way"

Celeste's hand tightens protectively around your wrist.

"Well then, I'm leaving and taking (Y/n) with me, considering we are both rude" Achilles smirks and stands up.

"You can leave all you want, but you can't take (Y/n) with you, darling" you raise an eyebrow at him.

"Why is that?" you ask, confused.

"Because the law states that the child is only under the father's custody" he leans towards you.

"Therefore, if your mother leaves, you are staying with me"